Thread: securing platform to trees??

Default securing platform to trees??

So I am going to build another stand this year but need a little advice.

Don't want to use spikes to secure a frame for the stand so am thinking about tying the supports to the trees. Maybe sometype of figure 8.

Can I get some ideas on different ways that you all use to secure your stand frames?
    What type of rope?
    What type of knot?

I plan on using a full sheet of plywood for a platform so I can sit with my kid and friend in comfort.

Will also make it easier to remove the platform at the end of the season, that way everything will be cleaned up and maybe not get ruined by some over zealous ba$%*rd.

I have a couple hang on stands that will be placed so I can use them if the wind is not in my favor. So that option is already being used.

Thanks in advance.

Default Lash it?

Chain saw.
    Rope.

Cut down a few manageable birch or spruce in the area.
    Then lash them to the tree.
    Creative use of standing trees, and your new lumber will help create a sturdy platform.

As a youngin we used to make some fairly elaborate structures with sticks, logs and rope.

You won't hurt a tree by screwing in screws. I use Timberlock screws, a chainsaw and a Makita cordless drill to build my stands. Usually only takes me an hour or two to build it...less than an hour to disassemble.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Default or....

try a tree lounge. you can fall asleep in them and not fall out. very comfy.

Quote Originally Posted by sh View Post
    try a tree lounge. you can fall asleep in them and not fall out. very comfy.
    Haha my uncle uses a tree lounge and he's always falling asleep. I always have to throw pretzles at him to wake him up when he starts snoring!

Quote Originally Posted by dpops211 View Post
    Haha my uncle uses a tree lounge and he's always falling asleep. I always have to throw pretzles at him to wake him up when he starts snoring!
    Wish you young pups would just leave us old men alone!
    Why do you think we bait hunt?
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Default ratchet straps

we use ratchet straps on our moose stand to secure it to tree go for heavy duty ones as the ratchets work better than lighter weight ones. Good Luck