Thread: Paint

Default Paint

I've been looking for the right deal on canoes, preferably like 15' Old Town Discovery on craigslist. Problem is that most of them I've seen on Craigslist are all RED! I think red is a little to much work to hide come duck season however, if there is a paint that works well, then I guess I would consider that option. Any ideas? Would it just be better to keep looking for a green one?
    Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life

Default painting Royalex

You can paint it what ever color you wish, but it wont stay on for long
    the flex of the Royalex material will make the paint crack and then fall off.
    I used some of the plastic paint that comes in a rattle can designed for Plastic surfaces with some success but it still does not like to adhere to the Royalex material very well... it goes on good, and then sometime later it flakes off..
    The same goes for plastic canoes like the polylink material from Old town on the discovery canoes, and the colemans and the Pelicans.
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

That was the impression I got. I think I'll not waste my time with it. Thanks
    Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life