Thread: Trip to the Alpine Lodge

Default Trip to the Alpine Lodge

Hi all. My wife, Jess, and I just got back from a trip to the Alpine Lodge out on the Denali Highway and I thought I would post a few thoughts and pics for you all.

The lodge offers awesome views such as this one that we were greeted with.

And then there was this great sunset.

Warm up the next morning preparing for our ride.

Jessica and I taking a warming up break on the way back to Paxson.

There were some dry spots on the highway on our way out there but there was plenty of powder to ride on to get around it.

I'm sure that other folks on this board have been to the Alpine Creek Lodge and spoke of their awesome business there, but if not, I'm here to attest to their attentiveness and their ability to be able to know what you want before you want it.

We were there for two nights and felt like we were guests in a friends house rather than people paying for a room. You might have a couple of weeks left to ride out there before the road dries up and I recommend you get out there if you can.

Ed & Jess

RMK

Default Looks Awesome

I'm still bummed that a shoulder injury made me miss the entire riding season. Are those guys open all summer? Maybe I'll have to drive out. I used to stay at the Susitna Lodge in the 70s. I love that area.

Default Thanks!

Thanks Ed and Jess for the kind words and great pic's! We are just over our 1 year mark in the business, and enjoying every day of it!

I just got back to town from the lodge late last night, and had an excellent weekend! Lodge was full and everyone had a great time. I spent Saturday morning watching the sun rise out on the Clearwater River using my wolf caller. Nothing came in, but the morning was priceless!

RMK, yes, we are open year round, 24/7/365. We have from 3 to 7 people working there depending on bookings and what's going on. DOT usually starts opening the highway up on April 15th, and gurantee it open by May 15th. I have heard they plan on starting earlier this year to do some culvert improvements and road improvements. I'll keep folks posted on that as it develops.

Currently, the highway in from Cantwell is great riding, with little to no open or bare spots. I was doing some boondocking on the way in and out, and it was excellent. After the lodge, for about 5 miles to the East there is a lot of open gravel. You can get in the ditch to get around it, but not sure how long that is going to be possible.

Unless we have cancellations, next weekend is full, but April is still wide open!

Claude
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Hi Claude. We had a great time out there. Sorry I got the name of the lodge wrong in the title of the post. I can't figure out how to edit it or I would fix it. We'll probably be coming up there this summer when our guests start arriving for the tourist season. We'll give you a call.
    Ed

Congratulations on your business! You have certainly busted your ass/hinny getting to this point. I look forward to spending some time at your fine establishment. Thank you for keeping the snowmachining belief alive!

Eric

Default Alpinecreek lodge

Is there gas available at the lodge? Do they have a radio phone or how does one contact them?
    Thanks.
    sbsmith

Default Gas, Phone and Other - Alpine Creek Lodge

Thanks for the note Eric! It's been a lot of work for sure. I had a lot of buddies when I started the project, but haven't heard from most of them in a few months! lol. That was really the key to the project was having friends and neighbors help out and seeing the possibilities we imagined. We sure aren't there yet, and have a remote power guy showing up there next Monday to start the install of the solar panels and wind turbine that came with the place. I can't tell you how excited I am about not burning so much fuel to keep the lights on.

SBSmith, We do have several thousand gallons of gas at the lodge, and we sell it for $6.00 per gallon. It's 87 octane. For contacting us, you can find us on Skype, or email us at alpinecreeklodge@alaska.net or send a note from here. You can also call my wife Jennifer at 398-9673, and she'll answer the questions she can.
    If we don't answer, we might be at the lodge, so email is best as we have that wherever we are.

Looking forward to seeing everyone this summer on the atv's!

Claude
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Quick note to say thanks to all the crew at Alpine Creek. You guys really did a great job for us over Spring break. Lots of gas, great food and plenty of it, (2 teenage boys), Snowmobile rental, trail advice and superior service. Yea, I'll be back next Winter!
    "Ebbtide" 27 X 9 GlacierCraft
    MMSI#