Thread: Taurus new single shot rifles

Default Taurus new single shot rifles

Taurus has a new line of interchangeable barrel single shot rifles ..the model is called the Wizard it comes in diff cals along with a single shotgun barrel also for interchangeable with the rifles..

it comes with a new all weather camo stock and forend along with the scope mounts on the barrels ..

the largest caliber i saw in the line up was the 12.ga shotgun and the 45.70 cal for rifle ..

the rifle calibers start at the 17hmr and goes up the 45.70 cal and everything in between then the shotgun barrels start at 12.ga 16.ga and 410.ga along with a couple of muzzleloader cals set up barrels

Hopefully thats what Remington will do with the H&R and we can get a better bang for the buck

Default I wonder if it'll take off

I wonder if it'll take off or fizzle? I have a TCR83. Thompson didn't do very well with them, despite how awesome they are.

Default Why hunt with a single shot ?

I can understand going after small game like rabbits and birds, but hunting game that can potentially kill you, with a single shot ?
    Is it the element of risk ?
    Is there special hunting allowances for hunting with a single shot weapon like black powder ?

Default Rossi

Just a little correction. I looked it up and the Wizard is made by Rossi not Taurus.
    "Bark,bark,bark,sniff,sniff,bark,and bark" - Lynchs Blue Roan Lynch E.C.K.

i used a ruger n1 in 308 cal for hunting elk ..i just kept a extra rounds in one hand to do a fast reload in need be ..

you plan your shot to anchor the game with the first round along with makeing sure that you do not over step you and the rifle capabilities that with any type of hunting you do ..

that like the guys who bowhunt bears ..there is a guide right beside them with a rifle to help anchor the animal if the bow does not do it job or the guy has a large cabiler weapon on his body also to help deal with problem ..

Rossi and Taurus are the same company and the rifle in it new catalog that was mailed to me this week ..

Quote Originally Posted by Arleigh View Post
    I can understand going after small game like rabbits and birds, but hunting game that can potentially kill you, with a single shot ?
    Is it the element of risk ?
    Is there special hunting allowances for hunting with a single shot weapon like black powder ?
    I've never needed more than one shot. Outside brown bears, I'd hunt anything in North America with it. I don't really consider anything else dangerous.
    Finally, Brad Childress is GONE!

Single shots should not be a problem,bows are all single shot and reload slower than the runger #1.Taurus and Rossi are the same outfit like Browning Winchester.

The "Wizard" eh? Maybe they've finally come up with a magic potion that actually makes it reliable?

Default I see now.

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Single shots should not be a problem,bows are all single shot and reload slower than the runger #1.Taurus and Rossi are the same outfit like Browning Winchester.
    Good to know.
    "Bark,bark,bark,sniff,sniff,bark,and bark" - Lynchs Blue Roan Lynch E.C.K.