Thread: Access problems, can we build a road or trail in?

Default Access problems, can we build a road or trail in?

so we're lookin at a 40 acre chunk of land on the north bank of sheep creek upstream of the parks highway.....there is an atv trail that comes off the intertie and the owner said he rode in with atvs from the highway, to a power line, to the property....its two miles in from the highway. we wont buy it unless we can maybe improve the trail for 4x4 truck access. anyone give me some advice on this?

Release Lake Trout

You need to stay with-in the section line easements only, Unless the trail is a surveyed, AND a recorded Easement exists you should expect litigation from any owners property you damage. I suggest your cheapest start point is a title company. I have been an expert witness in cases where the damaging party payed $8,000.00 per "Alder Bush" uprooted. Total setelment $125,000.00

If you pm me a legal description of the property I can most likely help you figure it out. The intertie travels through a lot of private property and most trails along it are actually trespassing on other's property.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Default OR you can

Contact the DNR Public Information Center and ask them. Since most the easements you are looking for are state easements. They can tell you where and what for the are.

Just for the record you can create a 5 foot trail on general state land using hand tools (a chainsaw is a hand tool) and you can use a atv up to 1500 pounds and a highway vehicle up to 10,000 pounds with no permits (except of the stream crossing ones from F&G)

THe DNR PIC is

dnr.pic@alaska.gov
    or 907 269-8400
    They open at 10 am for the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskanmutt View Post
    Contact the DNR Public Information Center and ask them. Since most the easements you are looking for are state easements. They can tell you where and what for the are.

Just for the record you can create a 5 foot trail on general state land using hand tools (a chainsaw is a hand tool) and you can use a atv up to 1500 pounds and a highway vehicle up to 10,000 pounds with no permits (except of the stream crossing ones from F&G)

THe DNR PIC is

dnr.pic@alaska.gov
    or 907 269-8400
    They open at 10 am for the public.

thank you for the info there i was wondering about that how to do that and not get into trouble..