Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: show off your 30-30 lever gun

Default show off your 30-30 lever gun

for those folks who are proud of the 30-30 that still sits in the safe.....show it off! Everyone is very quick to post pics of their custom rifles, or their favorite rifles......how about the ole hand me down that may have been your first rifle? or that rifle that brings back memories of older times? show em off.............

Attached Images Attached Images

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

here is a couple
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Here is a photo of OLE UGLY, bought her from a Gentleman that drove around with her behind the seat for many years. She was and still is ugly as a pigs ear. Sears model 54, 30-30 Win. Was one of the first firearms I purchased almost 30 years ago, took my first whitetail buck with it.
    Will hit a softball at 150 yards with open sights. It is an ugly ole rifle that's not worth anything, yet I wouldn't take anything for it....

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Alangaq View Post
    here is a couple

like that trappah model....would make a good home protection rifle too.

Steve.....ur's is by far.....the BEST one yet.....ole ugly is one heck of a rifle.

guess some folks here still get "down n dirty with a 30-30".

Here is another one to really capture her good side... LOL

Steve

I got 2 94s that like old ugly but no pix and my camira quit me. They are from 1909 and 1911 both in 30wcf, no blue left and stocks all one big booger mark.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Oh…. Don’t fret boys. If ya wanna spruce them ugly old shooters up it can be done and be done cheap and the end result, while not an authentic “restoration” or equivalent to a “new” gun, can make a huge difference and end up looking quite nice while extending the useful life of that old shooter for decades.
    My Father-in-law recently gave me a Winchester bolt gun in 22 hornet that he found at a friends old homestead near Bethel. The Friend had been dead for 2+ decades now and the old homestead in a sorry state of disrepair unfit for any of God’s critters, let alone man… well, whilst relieving himself, my Bro-in-law notices a rifle leaning against the side of a tree and to make a long story short, a rifle that by all accounts should have been written off made its way to me where I labored for countless hours and was rewarded with a decent shooter with a fabulous tale and much history. Will post some before and after pictures to egg you on towards a spruce up of your old shooters!
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Guns are like people,its whats on the inside thats important

I'm not about to spruce mine up, just about every mark on them got put there by family. I love them as they are and they shoot just fine still.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

wonder who would be brave enough to bring their 30-30 along as a back up on a moose hunt, black bear hunt, or caribou hunt. it sure would be one heck of a story to see a guy posting a picuture of a big bull moose that he put down with a 30-30. he'd def. have braggin rights in my book. chico9645's fathah put down a bruiser of a moose this past hunting season with a 30-30. I shot my first moose with a 30-30. I also have a picture of a massive moose my grandfatha shot back in the 60's.....along with his red checkered wool jacket. anyone who fills the freezah with a 30-30 (still) def. has my respect. it's especially nice medicine for all those yahoos who think they need a 375 to properly down a moose. yah nevah know though......some forum membah might get a wild hair accross their a s s and start postin up pics this season of a big bruin or moose that he/she shot with a 30-30.

There's an old family story about grandpa's sisters husband taking multiple kodiak bears with a 30-30 with no front sight. No pics but grandma was pretty convincing with her stories.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

hey mainer,

glad you're living the dream in the Great Land but why do you write like you apparently speak? the rest of us here in the motherland don't do it and it looks lame.

Quote Originally Posted by jsl3170 View Post
    hey mainer,

glad you're living the dream in the Great Land but why do you write like you apparently speak? the rest of us here in the motherland don't do it and it looks lame.
    it's more for hahas. nothing really too serious. I'm in a 200 level discourse writing class that is WAY too extensive and proper. Scholarly journal this, APA citation style that. Chronological writing style this, rhetorical analysis that.......

so......on this forum it's kind of an ongoing joke with a few Mainahs to write like the lettah ah doesnt exist. if you don't find it humorous......you'll give me a complex and I promise to stop.......I think.

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    it's more for hahas. nothing really too serious. I'm in a 200 level discourse writing class that is WAY too extensive and proper. Scholarly journal this, APA citation style that. Chronological writing style this, rhetorical analysis that.......

so......on this forum it's kind of an ongoing joke with a few Mainahs to write like the lettah ah doesnt exist. if you don't find it humorous......you'll give me a complex and I promise to stop.......I think.
    Type it how you want Mike, it's for fun anyhoo!

BTW it was flash "blind" as all the light went away, tank whistling overhead going who knew where, leavening me blindly truckin though all the Arizona sticker plants wearing shorts!
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

mainer_in_ak:

Rite whuchever way that makes you feel good. I shore don't mind.

Wait til you guys see a the picture of MY 30-30. You'll be IMPRESSED.

Stand By, until..... Whenever.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Can't even get in the race. My 30-30 is a bolt gun (54) and my lever gun is a .32 Special.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardC View Post
    Can't even get in the race. My 30-30 is a bolt gun (54) and my lever gun is a .32 Special.

.32 special?.....almost the same thing as a 30-30 in my book.......post it up.

no offense meant it's just that the chowder houses are gearing up for the onslaught of m*******s and they do the same thing.

guess it just rubbed me the wrong way.

cheers.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Default I will now, play this silly game, and demolish the competition.

As yew kin almost plainly see, This here gun is the Winchester 94 Antique Version, (With the case hardened receiver, and saddle ring) has a Lyman Receiver Sight, a Marble wide post front sight, a Sling, and the barrel and magazine has been shortened. I have a cartridge holder (not shown) for the butt-stock.

It has accounted for,,,,, well nuthin of importance, but I have NEVER been attacked by a bar when I was carrying this splendid firearm.

It seems the bars know better than to risk life and limb to this formidable defense system.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast