Thread: Delta vs. Wilderness Systems

Originally Anchor Point, AK but in Kodiak now!

Exclamation Delta vs. Wilderness Systems

Hi all,

I was just wondering what your opinions were on these 2 kayak companies. My wife and I are getting kayaks and I'm stuck on the Delta eighteen5 sea kayak or the fifteen5 for myself, or going with wilderness systems tsunami 165. I'm not that educated on Delta but know enough about WS to keep me somewhat interested. If anyone could give me some insight i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

ROB

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleSHOVEL85 View Post
    Hi all,

I was just wondering what your opinions were on these 2 kayak companies. My wife and I are getting kayaks and I'm stuck on the Delta eighteen5 sea kayak or the fifteen5 for myself, or going with wilderness systems tsunami 165. I'm not that educated on Delta but know enough about WS to keep me somewhat interested. If anyone could give me some insight i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

ROB
    Out of curiosity --- why these particular brands and models?

Default Well...

a couple of reasons...

1.) I'm familiar with WS Kayaks.
    2.) I like the Delta kayaks. I've heard plenty of good things and they handle really well.
    3.) I live in Kodiak and don't get off the Island very often so the only brands sold on the island are those 2, custom designs and Necky and I have never been a Necky fan.

So it's either side with a particualr brand that I have experience with or branch out to something else. I could go on but it's late and for some reason my typing and my brain just don't want to cooperate. But if you have an opinion on something else I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Rob

Default Bump!

Default Nevermind

I just bought the Delta Eighteen5.

WS Tsunami is a decent boat and I heard alot of great reviews about the Tempest also. Have you considered Prijon? they have good hull designe nd a very rigid Plastic said to paddle like Fg or Kevlar and it is repairable should it get damaged.. I think they ship too.

Look on paddling.net in the reviews section and the buyers guide alot of good info..

Default Much appreciative!

Actually, we picked up the Delta 18.5 and a Delta 15.5 for the wife. But thanks. And if anyone is wondering about the Delta Kayaks. Out of this world. We are exptremely satisfied.