Thread: motor homes and 4 wheeling???

Default motor homes and 4 wheeling???

where do you go with your rv camper to ride your 4 wheelers
    i was thinking knik eureka petersville probably hatchers pass willow side ( but not forsure where)
    so what do you guys do yeah this mean i think im buying a motorhome so saturday i can go away rather then do day runs all the time a little more rest i think

You got Puritan, pinocle, Denali hwy, and middle fork as well. A shower after a day of riding is awesome. Tons of places to go on a long weekend.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Knik it close and camping along the river in front of Pioneer Peak is great. Sometimes it gets noisy but we have had good luck there. Nothing like a ride to the glacier and back to the camper for a beer and a grilled burger.

Petersville is cool also. Great family trip. We have friends that have small children with their mini-ATVs. Easy ride with plenty to stop and look at along the way. Nice pullouts so getting my 39 foot 5th wheel (toy-hauler) in is no problem.

Eureka, is a great getaway as well. Road sucks getting there but the views are second to none. Love the trail because of all the different stuff you run across. Nothing like eating lunch on "Monument" while the Caribou walk past 300 yards away...then back to the camper for more fun (music, beer, fire, food, etc.)

A camper is great....ATVing is great...put the two together and you have one awesome trip!!!

We have been going out like this for the last 3 years...best family time we have ever had.

2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/

Default hey Muddy

the second photo of petersville is that bak past forks road house or the big parking lot
    and thanks for posting pictures can't wait until that is me and the bride and hopefully kids or grandkids

Default Wheelers and RV's a great way to go

Just about any where you want to go, we have went to Petersville, Denali Hwy., up towards Delta Junction, Eureka, Sutton. My advice is to load and go, find a trail park unload and ride and have fun, then come back to the RV and relax. You will have tons of fun. Petersville is great for young kids, kinda dusty when it is dry out, if you have kids and ride up here watch out crossing threw the canyon the left side in is a long way down, and one lane alot of the way. Also the beaches at Clam Gulch and Ninichik/Deep Creek area are lot fun also.

Hope this helped, wheelin' and rvin' you can't go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by thehappyalaskan View Post
    the second photo of petersville is that back past forks road house or the big parking lot
    It's actually prior to the state parking lot. We like to get as much ride time on the toys so we camp prior to the parking lot to extend the ride a little.

Nothing better than coming back from a ride knowing you don't have to load up and go home at the end of the day.
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/

Default So fun even a teenager will love it

Kids of all ages, 1-61 love mixing there RV with there ATVCIMG1492.JPG
    19' Lowe Roughneck
    90/65 Honda 4 stroke
    Outboard Jet

Default motor homes & atv's

We have been using a motor home to go atv riding for many years. It opens up a whole new meaning to 'having fun'. If the weather is bad then you stay dry and warm until the weather improves. There is nothing better then being able to clean up after a good ride and sitting around a camp fire with the other riders. When we go out there can be any place between 3-9 motor homes. It is somewhat like 'circle the wagons' when we sat up. Where to go? Using a motor home opens up many new areas. Some times we get off work on Friday night and drive until we get tired and then sleep for a while. Head out the next morning to where we wanted to go and start riding.
    Say that the weather goes T.U while you are out, with a motor home you have a dry, warm place to come back to. It can make going with family a whole lot easier.

Try it I am sure that you will like it. Just do not get too small of a motor home.

Default i like all

these ideas sounds great and not for sure if it is too small buy 26 foot with dinette slide out and i think my machines should look gooooooood being pulled behind this 2006 gulfstream ultra le
    rental can't wait for them to get the few things i wanted fixed done so we can it in the drive way getting it set up for our first trip
    and what out some of the mile markers or creek names for trails on the denali

Default motor homes & atv's

We started many years ago with a 27' class c. It was OK for two people, but lacked some things that we would like to have. Over the years we have gone from the first 'basic' 27' class C to the 38' class A diesel pusher that we have now. It sure makes things a lot better. I crew that camps with us has anything from 28' class c's to 40' class A's. Do not let what others have prevent you from joining them. One of the things to watch for is that you have a big enough engine to pull what ever size trailer you will need. Also check the load limit for the vehicle you want to buy.
    We are looking for the weather to improve so that we too can get out. If you are at Eureka on fathers day week-end look for us as we make that a annual trip.
    Enjoy and have fun.

i'm converting a full size school bus made the back door bigger to haul machines and when they are out i have sleeping area and a kitchenette. I also have to haul the tailer for the argo and coot. Too many toys had to come up with some way of getting all the toys and the family out in one rig!!