Thread: Badlands Packs

Default Badlands Packs

Hey folks,

Not much of a gear guy but I have the chance to pick up a Badlands pack here at the SLC Sports show for a pretty good price. The one I am looking at is the 2200, seems pretty well built and it was comfy! Anyway I can get one for 98 bucks so if they're worth a darn i'll get it.
    Mike
    www.coffmancoveak.com
    Prince of Wales Island

I have one and I like it. It is very comfortable. 98 is a steal. It's a good day pack. Little small for a overnight bag.

$98 for a 2200 in good shape is a dam good deal. I have the 2200, superday, and magfanny. Great products by an awesome company that backs their product %100 for life. I wouldn't think twice about buying that pack at that price if I didn't already have one.

Default New

It's a brand new pack they are offering them to vendors here at 50% off retail. I guess i'll pick it up tomorrow. Would the 2200 be big enough to take down a boned out deer from the alpine? It looked like it.
    Mike
    www.coffmancoveak.com
    Prince of Wales Island

On the Sage Creek Forum a few members have posted pics of packing out gutted pronghorns with their 2200's. I wouldn't even hesitate to pack 100lbs in the 2200. It won't be as comfortable as an external pack frame but it will get the job done.

I had the 2800 as does my bro and my pops has the 2200. They are great packs. I packed out a 7' grizz in my 2800. Comfortable, well no, but pretty good that a day pack can get it done. While it can handle a 100 pounds if I was going to be banking on having to haul out 100 lbs with it (having experience with packing about 80 lbs in mine) I'd probably opt for something a little bigger. However it will get it done and if you are talking a mile or less of 100 lbs in the pack its doable for sure.

Default Badlands 2200

Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    Hey folks,

Not much of a gear guy but I have the chance to pick up a Badlands pack here at the SLC Sports show for a pretty good price. The one I am looking at is the 2200, seems pretty well built and it was comfy! Anyway I can get one for 98 bucks so if they're worth a darn i'll get it.
    Show's over by now prob, but a lot of "yes" votes on this thread:
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ead.php?t=8475

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    I had the 2800 as does my bro and my pops has the 2200. They are great packs. I packed out a 7' grizz in my 2800. Comfortable, well no, but pretty good that a day pack can get it done. While it can handle a 100 pounds if I was going to be banking on having to haul out 100 lbs with it (having experience with packing about 80 lbs in mine) I'd probably opt for something a little bigger. However it will get it done and if you are talking a mile or less of 100 lbs in the pack its doable for sure.

Lanche, I just noticed in the first pic that your finger is bleeding badly.....

$98 for a Badlands 2200 is a killer deal, I hope you hopped on that one Gooch. I have been eyeballing one as well for a day pack that you can take the first load out with, but i havent been able to bring myself to spend $200 on one yet.