Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Properly done??

Default Properly done??

What would be the proper thing to do if you found a snow machine in the woods about 25 feet from the parking area. Its wasnt hidden ,had key in it,most all the snow aroound it had melted so im asuming it had been there a few weeks. Called the troopers when i got home with machine. It wasnt reported stolen. Called them today, a couple years later, to see if its still not reported stolen and it isnt.. So,,anything else? Wanting to sell it,,not much of a snow machiner myself.

can you describe it and name a price?

Release Lake Trout

1992 Skidoo Skandic 2....asking $500.00 obo.. Have a guy who gets first crack at it. Unless all the sudden someone here can say its theres....LOL..

Question OK!

First does it work? Does it have tags on it? If somebody does buy it, it will need a bill of sale to get legal tags for it. Or maybe it will be a great fly in cabin machine out in the bush! Any way you look at it I think you got lucky and someone else will get a machine at a good price.
    Good Luck!!!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

Default Mine

Quote Originally Posted by danthedewman1 View Post
    1992 Skidoo Skandic 2....asking $500.00 obo.. Have a guy who gets first crack at it. Unless all the sudden someone here can say its theres....LOL..
    Its mine! OK now where do I pick it up at? HAHA
    "Bark,bark,bark,sniff,sniff,bark,and bark" - Lynchs Blue Roan Lynch E.C.K.

It runs great ,missing a windshield, low mileage, has older tags on it.

File as an abandoment thru DMV. They will contact the last known owner.

I'd do what Dupont suggests just to CYA.
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

The guy I had lined up to have first crack at the Skandic,,fell thru ,never got back to me. Anybody interested in buying this machine?? I can get a registration for it.

Wink Jump!!!

Somebody better jump on this! Or you should grease it and go for a ride!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

DiBS .. PM sent

planning on making it adaptable for handicapped persons... ? if it runs

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

PM sent Kyle.......

arrgh Sry Dan, I need the reverse, My wife quickly thumped me.. and reminded me that I cant turn it around with one hand..,

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

This is probably a dumb questions but...humor me. How can someone legally sell a snowmobile that they found? Has a check of the serial number not revealed a legal owner? How do you know it's not a stolen sled that the owner would like to have back? What steps have been taken to locate the rightful owner? It just seems odd that a sled would be parked 25 feet from a parking lot with the key in it and not be either stolen and abandoned or left deliberately by a remote property owner who expects to come back and find it where they left it.

I'm just confused on the logic here. Is this legal? I'd be very leery of buying it myself, under the circumstances.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

Dee..The machine when i found it was in an area where most of the snow was gone ,pretty open ground thats about it. So that tells me it had been there a week or alot longer.Once i got it home I called the State troopers and gave them the serial number. They said its not reported stolen. Now that i want to sell it a few years later, I checed with the troopers again and still no report of it being stolen. So...What else do you do. I went to Dmv they said the troopers and them share the same info so it wouldnt be reported stolen on there computers either. But they said I can fill out a new regisration form and make it officially in my name.Any other things you can think of? The keys were in i t when i found it, and if somebody was coming back for it you wouod have think they would have came back sooner instead of waiting till all the snow melted. I know it sounds wierd, but thats the story......Anybody else interested in buying this????? O Dee, this wasnt really remote ,about 1/4 mile from highway on a side road with a small parking area about 90 miles from Anchorage.

Ah, ok- I must have missed the part about "years". I was thinking you just found it a few weeks ago and were getting ready to sell it.

Sorry and thanks for the clarification.

Dee
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

No takers...guess i can try and sell it next october..

Tell ya a story, i flew out a sno-go once and in the summer i was on a rescue mission and one of the guys that was along told me about a abandoned sno-go that he and his son used for target practice! Needless to say he was speechless when he found out it was mine. Point is if it ain't yours don't screw with it.

Is there a connection here??...its not reported stolen that year, and 3 years later. Ive checked with the troopers.

You need to read the former posts...PA

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast