Thread: RIP Fess Parker.

Default RIP Fess Parker.

RIP.
    The 6-foot, 6-inch Parker was quickly embraced by 1950s children as the man in a coonskin cap who stood for the spirit of the American frontier. Baby boomers gripped by the Crockett craze scooped up Davy lunch boxes, toy Old Betsy rifles, buckskin shirts and trademark fur caps. "The Ballad of Davy Crockett" ("Born on a mountaintop in Tennessee...") was a No. 1 hit for singer Bill Hayes while Parker's own version reached No. 5.
    http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbc...689/-1/SITEMAP

I heard that yesterday evening on NPR while I was preparing dinner for my son and I. Grew up watching him as a kid and he was a class act.
    RIP sir.

RIP Fess. A man who portrayed honor and character in his roles.

He was a real outdoorsman as well. In the autobiography "Flight of the Red Beaver" Larry Whitsett has many great photos of flying and hunting in BC and the Yukon and one photo shows Fess sitting around the camp fire on a back country hunt.

Default Fess

Growing up a kid in East Tennessee in the 50's Fess Parker was a big hit. Davy Crockett and Dan Boone were still considered real American heros in those days before all this political correctness BS and the re-writing of history to portray the Indians and Mexicans as the good guys whose land was stolen by the evil white settlers.

R.I.P. Fess Parker and the heros that you portrayed.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

I broke a lot of hatchet handles and left a lot of my hide on sarvis berry switches because of him (Daniel Boone).

RIP Mr. Parker.
    Now what ?

Quote Originally Posted by stevelyn View Post
    I broke a lot of hatchet handles and left a lot of my hide on sarvis berry switches because of him (Daniel Boone).

RIP Mr. Parker.
    No doubt!
    I think I'm going to try to see if netflix has any old reruns of Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone, as well as the movie Springfield Rifle...and watch them again.

As a boy I watched the Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone tv shows and movies too. Fess Parker's portrayal of Davy Crockett was the finest there ever was. Sorry to hear of his passing. Luckily I have a Davy Crockett King of the Wild Frontier video, which I bought for my kids when they were young, gonna watch it today too.

I grew up watching him play Davy Crockett on the Walt Disney Show, and watching him play Daniel Boone in the series. Heck, I even quit the Boy Scouts because their Thursday night meetings interfered with my watching Dan'l Boone. Those were simpler, happier times.

We'll miss you, Fess.