Thread: Cordova fishing charters

Default Cordova fishing charters

Has anyone taken a fishing charter out of Cordova in the last few years? I am thinking about doing a trip out of there and am looking for some recommedations. Thanks

I believe Gary at the Cordova Rose Lodge on Whiteshed Rd is the only one running out of Cordova anymore. I never fished with him, but one of the cooks on my boat went out with him a few times. Never could get onto a salmon shark with him, but he did pretty well with the halibut.

If you want to run a morale boat I can try and get you some halibut spots to try from my inlaws. They're usually on the fish pretty well year round. Give me a shout when you want to go and I'll see what I can do.

Hey, thanks for the reply man. We do pretty good on halibut here in kodiak but were looking to target salmon shark. We ended up booking a charter with Orca Bay charters, the guy seems very professional and is confident he can put us on some sharks, so we'll see. Thanks for the offer

My wife says Ron is a pretty good guy and has been in the business for better than ten years. She says he'll treAt you right. Good Luck!

Thanks, I appreciate it.