Thread: Anybody know where I can find heavy duty side board guide ons?

Default Anybody know where I can find heavy duty side board guide ons?

Anybody know where I can find heavy duty side board guide-ons of about 7 feet long? Also, I'd like to find a "V" pusher plate.

Trailercraft has 5 footers on wimpy square pipe and 6 Roblees doesnt carry them at all.

Deweys carries a 12 footer for $895.00, which is more than I want to spend on trailer guide ons.
    2696 Sea Raider Pilothouse
    "Dominion"

if i were you I'd just have some aluminum ones fabricated to fit your trailer. Unless you know someone w/ a galvanizing tank. I have a Tuff Trailer from ferndale wa. and I think my guides were like 350.00 extra. They are galvanized square tubing w/ a carpeted 2x6 board 12ft

Default guess I need help!

The 30' lobster boat I bought little over 1 year ago is more than a little tricky to put on a trailer with any cross wind. At midship, the beam measures 10'-6" but then narrows down to 9' or so at the stern. The vertical aligning posts on a trailer might help somewhat, but won't begin to center the keel on the trailer. Last time I had to slide it over with a hydraulic jack. So, does anyone have any suggestions?

I go with getting them fabricated for your needs. Shouldnt be too expensive to get some fabbed up, you guys know what you want and how strong you want them too.. Talk to any marina in WA or up here that deals with larger trailered boats.. Someone should have something... I personally like the carpeted board between two vertical posts idea... Gives you more control of the boat with cross wind...

get a pressure treated 2by 4 and carpet it. then have a welder put vertical square tube and make some simple brackets to hand the 2by 4 on. pay attention to the height you want as that is most important. spry paint the square tubing and brackets and dont worry about the galvanizing as they arent going to dissolve and arent load bearing.

Default Greatland Welding

Go see Gary at Greatland Welding in Palmer. He can fab some up for you. Great guy and does great work too.

Ditto others... have any decent welder make them for you. No aluminum, use steel. Forget about galvanizing as it will take over 20 years for untreated steel to degrade to the point of replacment. Leave the bottoms open so they drain and easily dry out and you won't have any corrosion issues.

Ordinary 2x lumber for the bunk rails will work just fine. Cover the working face with carpet. They are high and dry so rot isn't a real concern.

Here is a key point... make sure that you select a height that will clear any external hull stiffeners and be well below the gunnels throughout the boat's travel onto the trailer. Remember that the trailer will be sitting on an inclined ramp and the boat will be level. There is nothing worse during loading than a set of bunks that get caught under a hull stiffener or on top of the gunnel because you didn't take the boat to trailer angle into consideration.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!