Thread: Fishing Beads

Default Fishing Beads

Does anyone know what type of plastic the beads we all use for fishing are made from? Anyone ever made their own beads?

Below is a thread on bead fishing with lots of info. Not sure what type of plastic they are actually made from, my guess, polypropylene. Some folks make "claymore" eggs out of clay. Roll them, color, then bake in oven. My buddy made some for a float trip a few years back. Worked well. My suggestions, www.troutbeads.com

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...to+fish+a+bead

-Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Thanks, wan't really looking got anything about fishign beads, just maybe someone who has made their own plastic ones. I'm trying out a new venture and was needing some help or advice. Thanks anyways though.

We have a great store here in Wa called "Shipwreck Beads". Great prices....500 beads for $2.99 in most cases......far better than tackle shop prices.

Or you can make your own by rolling strings of hot glue into balls around the shanks of hooks.