Thread: Barnes TSX

Default Barnes TSX

Anyone have experince with this bullet?Suppose to always have over 90%weight retention and is very accurate.How does
    it compare to the A frame and partition?

I used them in my 300 RUM this year on my moose hunt. They worked pretty good. One shot at 140 yards or there abouts. Bullet was 180 when I started and 174 grains when I pulled it out of the other side under the skin. I hit a rib going in, which is probably why I lost one of the petals and 6 grains. I am happy with them. Here are the pics of before and after on my bullet.

As far as it compairing to a-frame and partition??? Much better weight retention...no pieces of lead in your meat. Barnes has a DVD that you can get from them for just the price of shipping....it is impressive.

Default TSX

As far as penitration goes the TSX will out penitrate A-frames and partitions. Not saying that the others are bad bullets but I put my faith in TSX's every year and they have always worked well for me with most animals bang flop.

bears, bulls, deer and coyotes hate em' bad! I have been using them for a few seasons now and they offer all the benefits of the x-bullet performance but they have WAY more tolerance in the loading dept.

the old xbt was so finnicky that .003 either way in seating depth would toss a flyer in many guns, the tsx is as forgiving as I have seen. pick your fastest powder on the chrony and a little tuning and bingo. velocities are pretty decent too

Sounds like good bullets no doubt