Thread: Coleman Peak 1 backpack

Default Coleman Peak 1 backpack

I was wondering if any one has an idea where I can get a new harness and hipbelt system for my pack. I have a Coleman Peak 1 frame and pack and really like it but it must be 20 years old or more and the padding is just wore out. It never was super padded to begin with but i hate to just abandon a good pack.

Thanks William

I think Campmore or someplace like that sells pack belts and stuff. I found some online a few years back when I upgraded the belt on my Kelty pack. Or you might be able to customize one that is made as a replacement for another pack. My pack is a Kelty 50th Anniversary pack they only made for a couple years but I put a newer/better belt designed for a Tioga on it. I tweaked it a little to make it fit cuz I love the pack.

Check this one out. Made by Kelty but designed for H-Frame type packs.

http://www.trails.com/gear/p/kelty/ultrafit-waistbelt/

Here we go. Straps...

I'd call Kelty and talk to them. They emailed me some detailed picks before I bought my belt.

http://www.outdooroutlet.com/shoppin...-detail&id=562

Thanks thats awesome. Im calling them right now. I think i can modify that stuff to fit my frame. Everybody keeps telling me to junk the pack but i still like it. It works good still, cant bring myself to pitch it. Thanks again

William

Default Coleman Peak 1 Pack

I packed my first 2 sheep out with one over 25 years ago. I liked those flexable pack frames! I wish I still had it.

Default Like mine too

Had my coleman peak stolen out of the boat in Anvik got another just like it from wal-mart same frame but not coleman they don't have theirs anymore either. packed moose, bear, sheep,caribou and bison just load up as much as you can stand some packs of over 150# with that frame quiet ,doesn;t snag on anything (alders) lots of tie off spots,. Great frame if you can get past the flexibility mind set, comfortable and very quiet also. I wouldn't trade mine for any of the metal frames I have or seen, But that is just my opinion If you find out where to get parts for one let me know my lab ate some of the tie downs off and have been using it past two years with nylon twine in some areas
    Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.
    - General George S. Patton

Sledhands

As far as i can tell looks like a guy has to buy and modify someone elses stuff to make it fit the peak frames. I have sent email after email to everyone i can find and they all say to buy something close and try to make it work so thats what im gonna do. I just cant bring myself to pitch it.