Thread: Trail Report W.P.C. Willow AK. 3/18/10

Thumbs up Trail Report W.P.C. Willow AK. 3/18/10

It's the best part of the riding season. Long warm days and cool night make for great riding. We put in over 310 fleet miles this week grooming the trails into some of the best shape of the season. We do have space in the cabins.Temps down as low as 12 at night and up to 40 during the late afternoon.
    Funds have run out and we will be doing a min. amont of grooming for the rest of the year.
    But grab the family and come on out to Willow and enjoy a nice spring ride!!!

Still watch out for firepits along the main lake headed out they are covered with snow!!!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

People like you and the Trail committe is what make Alaska a great place to live. We thank you for all the great trails, reports and hard work...

Default Willow trails

I stated it in another post and I'll say it here. The folks of the Willow trail committe have done a bang up job of grooming this year! My wife will normally only ride 20 to 30 miles at any one time because of back problems, but yesterday we went on a 90+ mile ride and she was able to get up today and go to work. All I can say it that in it self means that the trails are smoooth

Question Information Request

I just bought my first snow machine and am looking for trails to ride; can anyone point me in the right direction for maps to trails, of trails and condition reports, etc? Thanks much in advance!

Smile Head to Willow..

I got my first machine this year also and luckily found out about the Willow trail system. This is a great place to go and learn to ride, the trails are well marked and easy to follow, maps are available there in Willow also. A good place to park is at the Willow Community Center right off the Parks, it's free and there's a sign pointing to it. Willow Lake is right there and gives you access to all the trails. Enjoy!

Smile Thanks

I just finish a 175 mile run cross county to Kenny Creek Lodge and back. And I think no one can thank you guys for these kind words more than I. But with that said you would not believe how many groomed trails I rode today that are privately funded. Remember 5 dollar per sled per year does not go very far. And a lot of sleds are not keeping up on ther tags. So if one of your friends has not got there tags updated please give them a hard time for me.
    We all will benafit from it.
    Thanks again!!!
    Remember we take the bumps so you don't have too!!!!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

Trail Boss did you take Donkey Creek/Yenlo up to the ville, I was wonder how that way was if you have gone that way this year.