Thread: Glocrazy lures

Default Glocrazy lures

Anyone try these yet???

http://www.glo-crazy.com/jigs/

Pretty interesting concept.

The rep for them, showed them to me at the Portland Show. I thought they were cool. Definately thinking about giving it a shot. Incredibly innovative, I like the idea.

Default Glo Crazy Jig Lures

My business partner and I have tried them and they worked great. I need to asterisk this by saying that we work on their advertising but we did use them during a photo shoot off the coast of Louisiana. We only fished for one day right before Christmas and caught quite a few Amber Jack. Several times hooking two or three poles at a time.

The guys at Glo Crazy went on a separate trip to Alaska using the Kenai Thunder Spoon and caught huge amounts of pike and trout. The guide they were with had one of them using his main lure and the other used the Glo Crazy Spoon they tell us the Glo Spoon caught 3-1 the amount of fish.

I'm obviously partial so take it for what it's worth but I have used it and it did work.

I bought the light-up fishing hoochies advertised on here and had no luck so far. Not sure if the glowing really helps but it is an interesting concept..

I might be willing to give them a try. I think if they REALLY work they'd be worth the money. But they don't seem to be much different from the "light-up hoochies" that Abu is talking about and there seems to be a lot of controversy as to their usefulness. And I kind of question their superiority over just using the "glow" hoochies you can buy a lot cheaper.

I use "glow" hoochies---the ones that recharge themselves just sitting out in the light---and I have had mixed success with them. Sometimes they seem to work much better than NOT using them, and then other times they strike out. The nice thing about them is that they recharge themselves so you don't have to spend a lot of money on replacement lights. I have some that are years old that I've used over and over again and I'll bet they shed as much light as those Glo Crazys do.

I'm skeptical about the need for the mini light sticks (very!), based upon many years of experiments with light sticks.

But I can raise my hand for the glow skirts and tails. It's not a universal solution, but when it works for halibut it can make a difference.

I make my own jigs using white appliance paint or glow Powder Coat on the leadheads and finish them with white bucktail (actually white Icelandic wool these days). Add a glo version of a 6" plastic worm to them, and they're hot when they're hot, even for the occasional king while halibut fishing. Buying the worms in bulk, using scrap lead and hooks by the 100, I figure I've got about 50 cents each in jigs from 2 oz up to 8 oz. Okay, figure a nickle apiece for the wool and it's more like 55 cents. ;-)

That tells me these jigs are likely dandy on the days when glow works.

Wanna really make them glow? Keep your eyes open at yard sales for an old camera strobe. "Pop" the glow with that a couple of times before dropping your jig, and they'll glow 3 or 4 times as long as sunlight can manage. Even better on overcast days! And man, are they ever bright when hit with that strobe!

Well said, BrownBear. I have the bigger glow hoochies on a number of my halibut rigs and they can be killer at times. But then other times it seems like they don't do a thing. But they work often enough that I'll keep using them.

Thanks for the strobe idea. I actually have an older flash unit for my old SLR that I can shoot multiple times. I'll have to give that a try!

Quote Originally Posted by Muttley Crew Fishing View Post
    Well said, BrownBear.
    Thanks for the strobe idea. I actually have an older flash unit for my old SLR that I can shoot multiple times. I'll have to give that a try!
    You'll like it. A lot!

Just put it 2-3" from the skirt and fire away. It gets so bright you can see it in the sunlight.

i have heard of that trick as well. i heard you can take a disposable camera and just use the flash a couple of times and get the same effect..