Thread: Beyond Clothing custom gear

Default Beyond Clothing custom gear

Has anyone used this outfit? Looks like a reasonable price for gear built for your measurements.

Yeah, I used them several times back in the 2001-2004 time frame. I bought a heavy fleece jacket, and then one for my wife, a lighter one for myself and several lighter ones for family as gifts. I bought a pair of their cold play(?) pants around 2005. I was very happy with them and their fleece jackets. Their softshell pants are great. I had a falling out with them when I ordered my wife a pair of soft shell pants back in 2006 or so. She is a size 2-4, nl hourglass female hips. We got the pants and they were completely off in the hips/thighs. I sent them back and got them back like 3 days after I sent them. They hadn't done anything to them. So I emailed and they apologized. I sent them back and they fixed them and when she tried them off they were messed up in another way. The owner (Scott) told me via email that for some people custom measurement don't work, so he just said he'd give me a refund and I sent the pants back.

My wife has normal female figure and custom measurement are exactly that, custom. If a woman gets custom pants tailored for a pant suit, etc, I am sure they will get it right. That is the point of custom tailoring.

I won't buy from them again after that and especially now since they have a DoD contract which likely only made their attention to the little people less.

Also, recently I washed my B1 (heavy fleece, laminated jacket) and noticed the laminate inside crinkling once it was dry. It is about 8 years old, but I wasn't expecting this. For the money I can buy better quality on sale, etc.

Hope that helped.

thanks, that is what i was looking for.

Default Backpacker?

Aktroller, did you hear of them through Backpacker's gear review?
    They did a rewind type article where they mentioned past gear picks that were still working well. This company's clothing was mentioned as durable.

I noticed the company because my wife might be interested. No discounting hre814's experience though. Approach with caution sounds warranted. Thanks, hre814.

Read up on them last year. Lots of bad reports. "Custom" clothing that didn't fit, and they wouldn't fix/replace the items. And pricey too. I emailed them anyway. Got no reply. Emailed them again a few weeks later. Got a reply but none of my questions answered. Offered to send me a catalog in the mail. Got it a few months back. Seriously, like 8 months (or longer) later. Not very inspiring.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

thanks all, helps me save a few bucks.

yeah, i remember email response being pretty poor.