Thread: canadian want to hunt alaska

Default canadian want to hunt alaska

Can any body help me ot here? its my dream to come hunt in alaska for moose is it possible for a canadian to hunt in alaska? Me and my good hunting buddy cant afford the 40 grand that outfitters would charge for a couple tags that is way out of our league unfortunatly. We llive in saskatchewan and are hard core deer hunters. I just need to no if this is possible so i can put it to rest once and for all.

thanx

All non resident aliens (non U.S. citizens) must hire a registered guide to hunt big game in Alaska. Even second degree of kindred doesn't apply to foreigners. I'm sure you can find a moose hunt for well under 20k, but sorry it isn't gonna be cheap. I think there is some sort of agreement with Yukon residents, but I think that only applies to fishing.

you could find a float hunt for moose around 10k each, might even find someone to do a 2x1 deal that'd be even cheaper if you both hunted together.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Default a bit of paper work

Don't forget the paper work,such as firearm permit,import export stuff.lots of guides seem to be hurting a bit and lowering their prices so shop around and you should find a fair priced hunt.and make sure you do the paper work

Default moose

Sask hunter check out some Yukon outfitters, we have the same moose and some really remote country. We took a couple of Saskatchewan guys last year, check out Ceaser Lake Outfitters. Good Luck!! Hunts will still run you close to 15k tho

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    All non resident aliens (non U.S. citizens) must hire a registered guide to hunt big game in Alaska. Even second degree of kindred doesn't apply to foreigners. I'm sure you can find a moose hunt for well under 20k, but sorry it isn't gonna be cheap. I think there is some sort of agreement with Yukon residents, but I think that only applies to fishing.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Non residents only must hire a guide for Brown/Griz, Mt Goat, and Dall Sheep. You could do moose on your own.

Okay, consider yourself corrected
    Non resident aliens must hire a guide for big game in Ak.
    Art is making something out of nothing and selling it.
    - Frank Zappa

Default All about dollars

http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/index...ations.hunting

Could be useful info, but don't sound cheap, I only know of one guy who pays for a guide service up here and his hunt cost $5000, but it a nice camp and good folks. Me I'm to cheap, horns don't do anything for me, I only hunt for the meat.
    Have thought about driving into BC or Yukon for big deer, I better start looking into it soon.

Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope

Quote Originally Posted by goosepilot View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Non residents only must hire a guide for Brown/Griz, Mt Goat, and Dall Sheep. You could do moose on your own.

Not for non-resident Aliens(foriegners) non USA citizens.