Thread: Boat Registration

Default Boat Registration

Okay I boat a brand new boat, with a loan from the bank last august timeframe and I still have not recieved it or heard anything about it. Does anyone know who or what i can do to get this taken care of.

Call DMV or like my case I picked up my trailer plates and resitration from the place I bought my boat.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Depends

What size boat. If Coast Guard Documentation was done, you may have to contact your bank. I purchased a boat back in Oct and the CG Doc was never sent in. 3 Week wait once the National Vessel Documentation Center has it. Or like Gray said check with the place you purchased it from if you only are doing the State Registration they may have it. If they dont follow up with the bank and see if they charged you processing fees, if so make them get the registration, you all ready paid for it. Otherwise All you need is the Bill of sales and 24 dollars and you can go get the reg and numbers from DMV.

John

Default Complete

I ended up doing it myself, the boat shop said the bank, the bank said the boat shop, DMV said both of them lol, finally just did it myself with help from the bank, they had all the paperwork lol

thanks for the help

good move, its best to keep the CG documentation out of your hair. Thats a nightmare way to go. Hey what ever happened to our freedoms anyway? All this bureaucracy is exactly why our fore fathers left England, right?

Religious freedom I believe.