Thread: Help request: Max'd out- How to delete attachements

Default Help request: Max'd out- How to delete attachements

I just hit max for "Sum of all attachments owned by 6XLeech: 2.00 MB"

How do I fix this? Is there a simple way, or just go back through post by post?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by 6XLeech View Post
    I just hit max for "Sum of all attachments owned by 6XLeech: 2.00 MB"

How do I fix this? Is there a simple way, or just go back through post by post?

Thank you.
    1. Go into your user CP. (top left of your screen)
    2. At the bottom left under Miscellaneous you'll see attachments. Click on it.
    3. On the bottom left you can select "Show Thumbnails" to see which pictures you want to delete without opening each one.
    4. Check the box on the right on the attachments you want to delete.
    5. Bottom right hand of the screen hit "delete selected"

Very similar to deleting PM's

That should do it for ya.

Default Thanks!

That's way mo betta.
    Appreciate the tip, northriver 21.

Glad to help.

thats it!
    If you are not already doing this you can open a photo bucket account and they will let you store LOTS more photos. Rather than uploading them as attachments you can display them in the post body here but the actual image file is stored on the Photobucket server so it doesn't take up our space.

Default Question about Photobucket...

Sometimes when searching older threads, I'll see a post that has "deleted" Photobucket images. It appeared that the Photobucket images originally attached to the post hit some time limit, after which Photobucket vaporized the link or something. Is that one limitation of a Photobucket account for attaching pictures?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 6XLeech View Post
    Sometimes when searching older threads, I'll see a post that has "deleted" Photobucket images. It appeared that the Photobucket images originally attached to the post hit some time limit, after which Photobucket vaporized the link or something. Is that one limitation of a Photobucket account for attaching pictures?

Thanks.
    It's not a time limit thing - it's just that the owner of the photobucket account deleted the picture from their account without realizing or caring that it would leave a blank link on an old thread. I've never run into a time limit with photobucket-hosted pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    It's not a time limit thing - it's just that the owner of the photobucket account deleted the picture from their account without realizing or caring that it would leave a blank link on an old thread. I've never run into a time limit with photobucket-hosted pictures.
    To add to what Brian said, When you link to a photobucket picture it is a static link so if you move the picture to another folder in your photobucket account it will kill the old link. Occasionally people will go in and rearrange their photobucket folders without realizing this fact and their old pics are no longer available here. It pays to set up yout photobucket account in a logical manner to begin with but it is common for people to just open one and start uploading pics to it in the home folder. When they get a hundred plus they start wanting to organize them without realizing the repercussions.

Default Thanks

Very helpful. Thank you both.