Thread: Combat Fishing Tournament Auction Friday night!

Default Combat Fishing Tournament Auction Friday night!

Wanted to let you all know about an opportunity to support the troops and get to fish in Armed Services YMCA Combat Fishing Tournament. http://www.combatfishing.org

The date for the Tournament is May 27, 2010. A number of us (over 30 boats) have donated our time and charter boats to take out hundreds of combat veterans for a day of tournament halibut fishing in Seward. Not only is this the largest military appreciation fishing tournament anywhere (with tons of great prizes for the troops): It is also the opening day of the Seward Halibut Jackpot Tournament as well. So it is possible for one of these brave young men or women to have a shot at winning both tournaments.

What can you do? Well the good news is that there is an auction being held at the Sheraton Hotel’s Howard Rock Ballroom on Friday night in Anchorage. The doors open at 6 PM and the auction for bidding on a seat to fish the tournament, on your favorite charter boat in Seward, begins at 7 PM. In addition to fishing charters for auction, there many other great items. Many of the charters will be there to answer any questions you might have.

Your donation will be to the Armed Services YMCA and is fully tax deductable. You will be supporting the tournament and you get to go fishing with a great group of combat veterans. You can be sure they would enjoy your company and are very thankful to know that you support the sacrifices that each one of them has made for our country.

Hope to see some of you on Friday night and in Seward May 27th!!

Smile Nothing?

No comment? No love for the Tournament? Come on......

Okay look there is even some free food at the auction.....That ought to be enough to get a couple of big eaters interested.... Now you have free food/ fishing in Seward with the troops/ Tax deductable ....Thats all I can do for you guys.... Oh and there has been fighter jet fly overs and the Governer showed up last time....THATS IT!

Default Great idea!!

I think this is awesome. I hope to attend. Capt do you know if you have to stay the entire time or can you bid and leave?

This sounds like a great event for a even greater fishing day for our vets and soldiers.

Thanks for posting, I want to help, see you at the auction.
    NRA Lifetime Member

I'll try to make it by. What a great event!!
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·..¸¸ ><((((º>`·.¸¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Default Auction Action

AKCAPT ..thx for the heads up, will pass the word around. If you have a flyer with info and can forward I will take around to likely locations in Anchorage and post for you.

Quote Originally Posted by pontiac-chief-51 View Post
    AKCAPT ..thx for the heads up, will pass the word around. If you have a flyer with info and can forward I will take around to likely locations in Anchorage and post for you.
    Contact Keith from Specialty Truck and Auto or Bob from Saltwater Safari, they are the ones that put the event together (along with a lot of support and help from others).
    Boatless

...This is a great event each year!

-and for a great purpose!
    ....a well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed....