Thread: Remington 798

Question Remington 798

Anyone have any experience with the Rem 798 yet?

Seems like an interesting rifle....

MT3006

No experience, but I think it's a great idea by Remington. I personally think it's a good value for the money.

Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope

Anybody that has owned a M98 Mauser or Charles Daly from Zastava has shot a 798.

I looked at a 798 in the gun shop and I wasn't impressed by the fit and finish. If Remington elevates the quality to the level of their other products, the 798 will be quite a rifle.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. - Henry David Thoreau

Default My 'Pre-798'...

I bought one of the Zastava Daly's when they were available here in .308 with a 24 inch barrel and Butler Creek stock installed. $289, and with taxes, was $305 out the door. It's a sub-MOA rifle. I went back and bought two more '06's, and they're both still sitting here in the boxes unopened.
    I see that Remington has $648.00 MSRP for standard calibers, $970 for the .375. What do they actually have on the tag on the retail rack?
    I can't see that they made that big an improvement to the things by rollstamping their name on it and putting it into a machine carved/finished laminate stock and doubling the price......

don't waste your time with them buy a cz instead. you will be much happier in the end.
    cz

I have two leftover LH Chuck Daly actions I'm going to build on.
    It's a shame Remington got their paws on this and screwed it up like they do to everything they touch. They aren't offering LH versions or as many choices as CD did.
    Now what ?

Default 798 375H&H or 458WM??

I'm curious if anyone has either seen or handled the 798 in 375H&H or 458WM? I'm unsure if a single one has even been imported to date, but, if someone has first hand experience w/ either of these...I'd appreciate some input.

Thanks,
    GVA