Thread: Dalton Corridor Archery sheep

Default Dalton Corridor Archery sheep

Just a wild hair up my pack frame (haha!)....what do you more experienced sheep hunters have to say about a guy heading up to the Brooks and trying to poke a 1.25" hole through a sheep?

hey man we're thinkin the same thing......gonna try a plan

Release Lake Trout

Default Do some digging in the archives.

I have read of people on the fourm on here doing that. Of course no specific locations, but like i said I have read on here about people doing it. So it can be done. Thats all you need is a wild hair.

Thumbs up can be done

My buddy got one a few years ago. he actually seen it next to the HYW and had to put a 200 yard stalk on the animal if i remember correctly. I know it was a 1/2 mile pack total.

I went up there a couple years ago and I got some nice video of two shooters, 20ft off the road!! But of course sheep season closed the week before, I guess the sheep get a copy of the regs too.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by smallmonzter View Post
    Just a wild hair up my pack frame (haha!)....what do you more experienced sheep hunters have to say about a guy heading up to the Brooks and trying to poke a 1.25" hole through a sheep?
    ...Go for it!!

-life can be short and fleeting...
    ....a well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed....

Wink

You won't be alone. That's the only guarantee.

Taylor

-[]-------->

Default Sheep

Expect lots and lots of company to include rifle hunters passing thru the corridor to get outside the 5 mile boundary. Be very aware of the park boundary on the west side of the HWY. It dips well inside the 5mile corridor in alot of areas south of Atiguns Pass. Best bet is to fly in with someone out of Coldfoot or Happy Valley. Good luck.