Thread: Hydroponic Gardening

Question Hydroponic Gardening

Hi, anyone on here try hydroponic gardening? If so, how was your success? I've got some stuff started that way now, so I can enjoy growing while it is still too cold to garden outdoors. Has been a long trial and error getting my stuff going, but seems to be going good now.

I'm a fan of hydroponics. It's a fairly efficient and very effective method of growing. Are you using perlite or straight liquid?
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

I'm using perlite and grow cubes in an ebb and flow system. My first experience doing the hydroponics went crazy from using too much nutrients, the water going toxic, etc. etc. I seem to have it going now with the ebb and flow system I made. Probably not the prettiest in town, but it seems to be working as my cucumbers, green beans and peppers are starting to grow now. I've only had them going in this new system about 2 weeks now, so I'm anxious to see how it goes. Any advice you can give me?

Get both a TDS and PH testing pen to check your solution regularly. If your solution stays above 65 degrees I'd pre-inoculate it with a product similar to Hyro-guard to prevent anything unwanted culturing/growing in your water. Most indoor plant pests can be treated with a couple sprays of neem oil which is kinda stinky but organic. Those things sum up the vast majority of the problems I've experienced.