Thread: Electronic Predator calls

Default Electronic Predator calls

Do you guys know where I can buy an electronic predator call in the valley? Seen a guy at the lodge be successful with one last weekend and now I really want to give it a try. He called in a black wolf to about 400 yards, and was unable to get a shot. Then he had an owl go after the caller.

Thanks for the direction!

Claude
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

HAHA..sounds about like when I got my new call. Tried it out in my yard and had the ravens and other birds going crazy. Have only gotten out a couple of times to use it in the woods, but not at the right times I guess. Good luck with your search.

How is the wolf population there? I know my husband and his friend are trying to plan a trip now to visit your lodge.

Sportsmans Warehouse.

Default Wolves and calls...

Huntress, great to hear they work good on birds! lol Wolf population is high and I'm seeing a lot more tracks and sign then I did last winter. I think the lack of a deep snow has kept them wandering all over the place.

RKANYZ, thanks for the tip. I looked on their website but nothing showed up. I'm going to head over there tonight and see what they have.

Thanks!
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

I got dive bombed by a Red Tail Hawk a few weeks ago while blowing my screwed up rabbit call. I was all white..... gun and all and sitting in a brushy fence row just having at it when out of no where all of a sudden I'm wearing a Hawk. Sceared us both half to death!

Sportsmans here in Fairbanks has a good selection, so I would think the one in Anchorage is better. That's actually where I got mine. It was the extreme dimensions proseries with remote. You have to watch how far away you are from the receiver remote that is hooked to the speaker though and make sure it is insight or it doesn't seem to work as good. Seems that when we get it set where the signal is being transmitted, it works great..even if only to attract ravens..haha.... but if not, you're in trouble. Not sure if it was just from the batteries being weak or not, because we weren't that far from the receiving remote. Will have to change batteries and let you know.

If you want a website to check out all the stuff that's available, go to www.allpredatorcalls.com They have pretty much any electronic caller on the market for sale through their website. I have a FoxPro Scorpion that is lots of fun even though I have yet to call in any furbearers with it. I can attest to the fact that it drives the dog crazy and also will call in ravens and magpies.
    NRA Life Member, Prior F-16 crew chief.

Default AllPredator

I highly recommend dealing with Allpredatorcalls, they've been very good in the past when I've made purchases. They have the best FoxPro photos and comparision of the CS-24 callers too showing the sizes and detailed photos. My CS-24 has really been through alot this year including a snowmachine rollover, going in the river with me and through some -40F hunts. It's simply the toughest caller I've ever used and refuses to die. That snow camo model they have is slick looking. Mine is just the Sage green color that I wrap up in white foam tape and electrical tape.

http://www.allpredatorcalls.com/foxpro_cs24.htm