Thread: Tundra Oil Pump?

Default Tundra Oil Pump?

I have a 1995 Tundra II LT. I am not very good about performing maintenance and I ride it pretty hard. Since it is 15 years old I figure it may be wise for me to start premixing my gas and not depend on the oil pump.

Do I have to remove the oil pump assembly or can I simply just cut and plug the small oil hose that runs between the oil pump and carburetor? I would hate to screw something up. It has been a good little machine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by NJF View Post
    I have a 1995 Tundra II LT. I am not very good about performing maintenance and I ride it pretty hard. Since it is 15 years old I figure it may be wise for me to start premixing my gas and not depend on the oil pump.

Do I have to remove the oil pump assembly or can I simply just cut and plug the small oil hose that runs between the oil pump and carburetor? I would hate to screw something up. It has been a good little machine for me.
    it's not that oil pumps are problematic or unreliable.....but they sure are on a tundra because of the little cheesy plastic gear that runs the pump. Just type tundra or oil pump under the search tool and you'll find some info. I just recently did the removal on my son's tundra. It goes a bit beyond just plugging the small tube that injects oil. If you couldnt find the story I posted, just bring the ole girl by the house and I'll help you remove the oil pump. I have all the extra stuff to do the job. I'll take about an hour.

Post number 35 is the description of the oil pump removal:

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ski+doo+tundra

Thanks Mainer

I actually came across your old oil pump removal instructions a couple days ago. After reading the instructions I thought to myself that it sure would be nice if I could just cut the carburetor oil supply line (step 5) and bypass the removal of the actual oil pump. I would prefer to leave the oil pump/reservoir on my machine.

I guess I had better just follow the instructions.

Thanks again.