Thread: .350RM loads

Default .350RM loads

Anyone have hunting experience with this round using either the 225 Gr. Swift A-Frames, 225 Gr. Nosler Acuubonds or 225 Gr. Nosler Partitions?
    I'll be loading for a Rem 673.
    Thanks
    Never wrestle with a pig.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

Smile

I beleive the AB is to long for the 350rem Go right to the 225gr Partition is also has a greater BC than the AB does.

I have managed to get the 225 grain Accubonds to shoot. BUT they have to be seated very deep and then you have to crimp the case mouth to close the huge gap.

Plus I am shooting them in a Ruger which I think has a longer magazine box.

RL-15 works well for the 225 grain, Kodiak bonded, Sierras and the 220 grain Speers.

Check out the reloading section for a few threads....

I have used the Sierras on moose, which failed, and the Nosler partition. The partition bullet was excellent.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

I killed this year's moose with a 250 hornady round nose, but out of the ruger 77 and its longer magazine. That bullet is almost too long for the remington model 7 350RM I now have.

Something to try with the accubond - seat it where you want, then clip off the plastic tip with side-cutters, or pull it out. You get to figure out if that action adversely affects bullet performance - I sort of doubt it.

Seems that the 225 partition, the 200 barnes, and the 225 sierra have stubby noses suited to the short remington magazine.

I have not used any of the bullets you listed, but my 673 really likes speer 220's and IMR 4895, i also just got a load worked up with some 250 gr round nose herter's bullets. The Herter's are a lot shorter than the Hornady round nose so they fit nicely into the model seven action.
    LIVE TO HUNT....HUNT TO LIVE!!!!

Thanks gents!
    My local supplier mentioned he was having a tough time getting Speers, so I didn't think of them.
    Do the longer bullets not work so well in the Rem action because its a true short action?
    I had been looking at a Ruger SS All Weather in this Cal, but the dealer wouldn't budge on the price even though it had been sitting there for years. Then this used 673 came along, and well, i'm sort of getting tired of the SS/Synthetic thing
    Anyhoo, picked up some dies, and ordered some Speers and Noslers and brass.
    This rifle has been my motivation to finally get into reloading. Picked up some dies for my .280R and 7mmRM as well. Should be fun.
    Thanks again for the info.
    Paul
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

I had good luck with the Barnes 225 TSX over RL-15. Just another consideration, in case you haven't spent enough on bullets yet!

I use 250 grain Swift AF with RL 15 behind them. I have a Model 7 and have found it to be a good setup with a 0 x 4 vari scope.

Quote Originally Posted by bigswede358 View Post
    I have not used any of the bullets you listed, but my 673 really likes speer 220's and IMR 4895, i also just got a load worked up with some 250 gr round nose herter's bullets. The Herter's are a lot shorter than the Hornady round nose so they fit nicely into the model seven action.
    How are those Speers holding up on Moose? I have heard they can come apart at higher velocities?
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Yukoner View Post
    How are those Speers holding up on Moose? I have heard they can come apart at higher velocities?
    I have heard if keep under 2400fps they are superb for black bear and moose. (35 whelen.com ) I have only used them in the BB220 35rem ammo on deer and they prove to not expand fast enough on deer. Small holes in and out on lung shots. Dug from my sand back stop a brutal stop on any bullet proved to be just expanded down to the cannelure witch is as perfect as you would want and would show more expantion and retained weight without the abrasion sand does to a bullet.

I think DR MIKE posted how these worked on a grizzly he shot with a 365win. Here or maybe on Noslers site.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukoner View Post
    one of the best priced bullets you'll ever find for the 358 win/35whelen/350 rem mag and moose hunting. I'll prob. never shoot another bullet other than the 250 grain speer hot-cor.

I think that 250 Gr Spitzer is a better bullet than the 220, at least from what I have been reading.
    I picked up some 220s as they were dirt cheap.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.