Thread: 2 guys, $4000, help us spend it.......

Default 2 guys, $4000, help us spend it.......

Like it says two of us looking to do a moose hunt, float preferred. I have a 16' lion with a fat cat, and a 13' self bailer.all our gear is top quality and all we really need is a ride and some luck. with the new regs on non resident float hunting can it still be done? would have about 8 days for floating. love to shoot big bulls but happy with legal minimums as long as the fishing was decent. not totally against buying a pro pioneer size boat if that is what it takes. really looking for a meat hunt and a fun trip......can it be done?

I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Thumbs up Renew Air

Float the Nushagak, catch 5 species of fish....
    spend your time around the beaver sloughs and fishing the main river...at the mouths of the sloughs and creeks...take time to look at the topo's....get high and stay high at the tributary mouths and you will have a great time...

try to find a river that you've never heard of, if you've heard of it, you'll wish it had good fish, cause everyone ahead and behind you will be looking for the same thing you are.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Default if you do the nush

Quote Originally Posted by JDM View Post
    Float the Nushagak, catch 5 species of fish....
    spend your time around the beaver sloughs and fishing the main river...at the mouths of the sloughs and creeks...take time to look at the topo's....get high and stay high at the tributary mouths and you will have a great time...
    beware of new retrictions for non-res,there is a section of river closed for hunting within two miles of river unless you have special permit.

keep in mind that if your really doing a meat hunt as you posted, your gonna need more than 4000 dollars to get that home.
    Master guide 212

not too sure if I would be flying back home or driving, but either way I am really looking for an air taxi to a floatable river that can still be hunted by non residents.

flying it back or driving it back, still gona cost ya over a grand, just for that.
    you need to get a set of alaska hunting regs, that way you can narrow down your search for an area to hunt,then you'll be able to locate air taxi's to get you there.
    Master guide 212

Default Regulations

You can find those regulations BRWNBR speaks of here:

http://www.adfg.state.ak.us/

Default Not

Sorry guys but you wont find a decent place to float for moose with any real chance of success for 4 grand, you will spend at least 5 by the time you fly the moose out