Thread: Camo snowshoes!?!?

Default Camo snowshoes!?!?

ok i need some help on this one. i was in sportsmans the other day looking at junk and went thru the snow shoe area..they had camo..realtree camo snow shoes...
    now i didn't graduate top of me class er nuthing..but if i'm wearing snow shoes wouldn't i want SNOW camo?
    my wife quickly pointed out that maybe they were a green camo so you didn't loose them...good thinkin' but geez, makin' something camo so not loose them. someones missin' the bubble over at marketing i'm thinking.
    am i missin' some sorta point with realtree camo shoes that you wear in the SNOW!!

and by the way..there were no white snowshoes...
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

I don't get it either... on a lot of levels. Why take something you'll desperately need and make it blend into the terrain?

Some items I can't understand making camo that you frequently see out there...

lighters
    knife handles
    first aid kits
    radios
    flashlights

I guess snowshoes have to go on the list, in either realtree or white for that matter~

BRWNBR,

Funny you mention that, my wife and I had the exact same conversation in SW last week when I saw those things!!!! Come on you know you need a pair for sitting in a tree stand with snowshoes on. I thought everyone hunted that way.

Nah, the folks at marketing have got it right on this one. Camo sells. Look at the folks walking through the door at SW next time you go. Very few of them are heading straight for the field, yet lots of them are wearing came. The AC meeting? Tons of camo. Heck, I'm even wearing camo undies right now. (They were a gift. Hey...I'm cheap enough to wear anything that's free. ) Anyhow, just about anything that can have a pattern attached comes in camo, and that stuff sells, no matter how ridiculous or unnecessary.
    Last edited by Brian M; 03-15-2010 at 11:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    (...Hey...I'm cheap enough to wear anything that's free. )
    You are in for one HELL of a gift bag in the very near future if that is the case....
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

I would choose "Blaze Orange" first for snowshoe color, or cheap flat black, or no paint at all. But Brian M. is correct, it is about marketing. It is who they "envision" themselves as, not who they really are if they look in the Mirror.

am i missin' some sorta point with realtree camo shoes that you wear in the SNOW!!
    Well yes you are. They are painted realtree camo so you won't misplace them in the snow.
    Now what ?

man i'd be lost with out you guys...i'd better run back and buy two or three pairs i didn't realize how well thought out the tree camo snowshoes were...geez i'm an idiot..guys like me are the reason you have to hire a guide in some places...!

alaska-lanche...ahh great minds....
    Master guide 212

i was thinking the camo on most mechandise is to conceal the fact that it is crap. or to help other hunters accidentally thin the herd?

This thread reminds me of the road hunters you see every year driveing up and down the roads dressed head to toe in camo.mabye they think they can't see us in the truck!I bet they have a pair!

I have seen those camo snow shoes in there too, I asked my wife the same thing when i saw them. If one was wearing snowshoes to hunt in, they would more than likely be in the snow right? So what good does RealTree AP do you? It makes about as much sense as camoflauge knifes.

Quote Originally Posted by hodgeman View Post
    I don't get it either... on a lot of levels. Why take something you'll desperately need and make it blend into the terrain?

Some items I can't understand making camo that you frequently see out there...

lighters
    knife handles
    first aid kits
    radios
    flashlights

I guess snowshoes have to go on the list, in either realtree or white for that matter~
    My personal least favorite is a camo back pack! What a horible idea!! Second is camo binoculars! I would kill for a set of blue Swaro's, or even black or green w/ a blaze orange ring. Just what I want a $1000+ dollar set of glass that vanishes the moment I set it down. Same goes for a GPS unit! The flip side is my 17hmr which is camo'ed up so nice you could spend 10 minutes searching for it only to realize it was sitting in your lap the whole time! If I ever drop that thing in the snow it is a guarantee wait till summer deal

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    My personal least favorite is a camo back pack! What a horible idea!! Second is camo binoculars! I would kill for a set of blue Swaro's, or even black or green w/ a blaze orange ring. Just what I want a $1000+ dollar set of glass that vanishes the moment I set it down. ...
    I'm only laughing so hard cause I've been there. I now prefer backpacks in colors like red or orange or blue. I spent two hours searching a drainage for my pack. I shed it to start a stalk and came back looking for it (after blowing the stalk to boot). When I finally found it I realized I had walked within 30 yards of it probably a dozen times!

you guys might wanna just trail a six inch piece of surverys tape off a ziper pull or something on your packs if you'r having that much trouble loosing them.
    maybe a couple wraps here and there to help it stand out a little...cheaper than changing backs..
    might wanna check into some meds for "oldtimers disease" too!! lol i know i'll loose my pack one of these days and a client will just stare at me and wonder.....i did walk off and leave my gun once though
    Master guide 212

Default ???

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    The AC meeting? Tons of camo. Heck, I'm even wearing camo undies right now. (They were a gift. Hey...I'm cheap enough to wear anything that's free. ) Anyhow, just about anything that can have a pattern attached comes in camo, and that stuff sells, no matter how ridiculous or unnecessary.
    Too much information!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    you guys might wanna just trail a six inch piece of surverys tape off a ziper pull or something on your packs
    My dad buys my brother and law me a new roll of surveyors tape every year for christmas after he leaned his black stock remington against a pine tree to drop a duece then couldnt find his rifle for two hours. Ever since hes got like 5 pieces of orange surveyors tape hanging off it. I even started putting it on my binos after my bro lost his black binos for an hour or so.

Default camo shoes

They are camo because when most people can't walk in snowshoes and spend a considerable ammount of time with their feet in the air and head in a snowdrift.

I think we'll see all the hard core camo haters on them in a few years.......well that's after they've sat on the shelves for a few seasons and are 75% off

tm

i really like camo trucks... so when your dressed head to toe in camo road hunting they cant see you hiding in your camo f-250. stealthy is the name of the game.