Thread: How far between stands

Default How far between stands

I have heard that there is a minimum distance that must be between stands but don't see it anywhere in the regs. Does anyone know about this? Is this true or just hearsay?
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

uhh... good question..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

I've never seen that in writing either! I believe the only 2 distances mentioned are for maintained roads and dwellings/rec areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    I've never seen that in writing either! I believe the only 2 distances mentioned are for maintained roads and dwellings/rec areas.
    That's all I could find also. The reason I ask is because my wife wants to bait this year also so I was going to put her on my stand and then possibly set another one up close by. I don't want to set in too close but I don't want to be that far away either. I want to be able to drive in, drop her off and then take off to mine. She should have better luck than me if i drive in and drop her off so the bears think we just came and left.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

Default close stands

I typically set up one 50 yards from another so I can see what is going on a mine and the bit my partner hunts . I have found that I get a higher concentration of bears sometimes because if I make a noise or move they go to the other bait where someone else is sitting.

I also like to be able to go out pretty close together at dark with browns around.

I ran two a couple years ago and had them about 6 miles apart that way I wasnt competing with the other bait site dont know if that is the way to do it but it worked for us.

Default Past...

In the not-so distant past (2002ish?) there was a statement that required stations to be quarter mile from another known bait site. I don't know if the law was repealed, or if the information has been omitted from the regs over the past few years.

I spoke with the troopers and ADF&G today. They said there is no minimum distance requirement between stands.