Thread: rmk skis

Default rmk skis

I'm looking for a good powder ski for an '01 RMK 700.

any suggestions?

RMK

Default RMK ski

I just have the stock Polaris skis on my sled, but I've ridden with guys who had Simmons Flexi-skis and they swore by them. They are odd with the dual carbide set up but they seem to float really well.

Sly Dog makes the powder hound ski that also seems popular. I never tried them however.

All the after market skis are kind of pricey in my opinion.

Pricey for real!! Putting $4-500 dollar skis on an '01 RMK might be chasing good money after bad...but it is YOUR sled so do what you want!

You could see if you could get a used set on craigslist or the salvage yard for a discount...just a thought

I've never found the stock Polaris skis to be that bad. That said, the most popular aftermarket skis amongst my riding friends are Simmons.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Never rode with anyone with simmons. Slydogs and C&A's are what I've seen...are the simmons much cheaper?

RMK

Default Simmons Ski

One of my riding partners has Simmons on his Ski-Doo Summit. They were every bit of $400 as I recall, and that was years ago. They have two carbides per ski, so you have to buy 4 runners instead of just two. You'll know when you're following a track left by Simmons because of the extra grooves.

He claimed that the skis track straight and don't "hunt" when going down the trail. I tried his sled in the powder, so there was no prior track for it follow and dart so I can't argue for or against that point.

As the name implies, they are quite bendable unlike the rigid stock Polaris skis. They come in cool colors if you're going for style points.

I have a buddy who has the double carbide on his wifes Nytro but its just a single wear-bar that splits in the middle. He said his wife rode it for 5 minutes, stopped, got off her sled and told him that was the best money they spent on that machine. Completely stopped the machine from hunting, like you said...

I use Simmons on my sled. The do help with darting. They also turn sharper if going slow and making a u turn on hard pack, the inside runner catches before the outside one.
    They make two different models now, the new one is wider 10" I think.
    I have the older model and it floats well in the powder.
    "The older I get, the better I was."