Thread: teflon barrel coating in Alaska

Default teflon barrel coating in Alaska

Does anyone in the south central area do teflon barrel coating for a decent price....less that $200 per gun

Default Try nitride coating instead.

I have seen teflon coatings rub off and even rust on some guns. For $350 AK Custom firearms will nitride coat your gun. It is the toughest finish I have ever seen and it looks great, the two I have are Matte Black.

The 2 rifles that I want done have SS barrels,that's why I want them black,so I can take away the shine factor.

I've had several rifles and shotguns refinished in Black-T. I've never seen anything quite like it and will probably have more done eventually. There's a smith in Anchorage who will send them out.

Walter has passed away and his family is now operating the business.

See the following link:

http://www.snipercentral.com/birdsong.htm
    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Default Check out

www.blackicecoatings.com. I have sent several of my guns to Lee and he does outstanding work. I'm getting ready to send 2 more. Call Lee and talk to him. He is pretty much the pioneer of doing teflon. You won't be disappointed. I'm in Palmer, if you would like to see his work let me know.
    When the HOGS show up, somethins gonna DIE!!!
    Blood Sport
    32' Custom Wooldridge
    MMSI #: 338181573

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Stanly View Post
    www.blackicecoatings.com. I have sent several of my guns to Lee and he does outstanding work. I'm getting ready to send 2 more. Call Lee and talk to him. He is pretty much the pioneer of doing teflon. You won't be disappointed. I'm in Palmer, if you would like to see his work let me know.
    I used Lee for my wife's mod 70 and am very pleased with the job he did. We have yet to give it a thorough testing but will be putting it through its paces this year.

Default ER Gun Finishing

I have used this guy:
    http://customfirearmfinishes.com/brochure/modules/home/

He is in Eagle River and I was VERY happy with his work and quick turn-around time. He is slightly more than $200 but not by much. He might make yo a deal if yo do more than one gun.

Thanks guys.

I talked to Lee last year about this but was I was on a waiting list for a Marlin SBL an I just got it in about a month back.

I was wanting to go local and I still need to talk to a guy out in BigLake to see what he will charge,it's going to be hard to beat the Black Ice price though.

Then there's the trap shooting thing I discovered last month....Good Gawd does it cost a lot of money to trick out a trap gun.

I would like to look at the work,maybe we can set up something this weekend.

He coats my guns too. Lee is a class act and he does fantastic work on firearms. If you have a scroungy looking old rusty rifle, I guarantee Lee will have the metal parts looking like they just left the factory.

The price is outstanding as well. I paid $125 to have my last bolt gun coated.

In terms of durability, any type of "teflon" you get here in Alaska is even worse than Teflon done by the pros in the lower 48.You want tough get the Nitride (which is not done in Alaska ) or chrome (not done here either)

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    In terms of durability, any type of "teflon" you get here in Alaska is even worse than Teflon done by the pros in the lower 48.You want tough get the Nitride (which is not done in Alaska ) or chrome (not done here either)

Do you have any issues with duracoating?

Default black t

i have the black t on my rifle and it has seen 13 years of use and looks fantastioc still just a little worn and it gets hunted hard. i had it doen in green and black two tone. Vince at precison arms in anchorage can send it out and has soem guns with it for examples. it is awesome stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Barkbuster20 View Post
    Do you have any issues with duracoating?
    if properly applied, it is better than Teflon.

Properly applied