Thread: Kah Sheets-Petersburg

Default Kah Sheets-Petersburg

I am looking at the tide charts for our July trip and it looks like a 11ft morning tide when I want to try and spend a day fishing Kah Sheets creek. The National Forest website says 14 ft tide is needed to reach bay cabin by boat. I called FS office and asked how possible it was to reach boardwalk trail at 11 ft tide and they said they did not know. Anyone have any experience here? How long / tough of a walk across the flats am I in for at 11ft tide? Thanks

Default Not Bad

It won't be that bad. The mud flat is pretty firm so it's an easy walk. I've gone in on low tide before and it wasn't anything to worry about. Depending on what time in July you are there, check out the hole directly in front of the cabin and the two holes above that. It might save you a trip to the falls.

Default Thanks,

Thanks for the information. I will be there third week of July. I have the Hewescraft rented. Is that too big of a boat to try and get closer to cabin with (like leave the bay) and if not should I try and stay in creek channel or cut across the flats?

Thanks,

Hank

Default Kah sheets

I fish Kahsheets occassionally, usually spending a night at the bay cabin. I have a 22' Hewescraft and in the past I have rented a skiff to get to the creek. Its skinny water for the larger boat and with an 11 ft tide you wo'nt even get close to creek. I have never walked in across the flats but do know that numerous people tie up on the south side of the bay and hoof it from there. If you are renting the Hewescraft perhaps you can arrange for a skiff for a day. Hope this is some help. looking forward to getting up there myself this summer.

Default Same boat

Last time I went it was using that boat. You'll be fine. Once you get in the bay just make sure to idle in and watch the bottom. Don't go too far up or you'll be waiting until the next high tide to get out.