Thread: Ya Right!

Default Ya Right!

So last night I got floated down to the ER. One of my first patients was a guy who came in with a bad dog bite on his hand. I asked him what kind of dog bit him so badly and he said a BEAGLE!! I told him no way a beagle would have done that and that he better think of a better story before the cops got there. Here in Wisconsin we have to report all dog bites to the local cops. One of the other nurses told me that this guy's son had been in a couple weeks ago also with a nasty dog bite from a husky / wolf mix they had.
    When the cop got there and got the beagle story out of the guy he came out and asked me what I thought. I told him he would be hard pressed to find anyone who was ever bitten by a beagle, much less bad enough to need 27 stitches. We also filled him on the history of the son's recent dog bite. Cop goes back in there and puts some pressure on the guy who finally admitted that it was the husky/wolf who bit him. He made up the story about his wife's beagle cause he didn't want two strikes against his wolf dog.
    You know he could have gotten away with it had mentioned any one of dozens of dog breeds but a beagle? How dumb does he think I am?

You never know. I've given small animals a lot more respect ever since I watched "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"
    Louis Knapp

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by PMFB-RN View Post
    Cop goes back in there and puts some pressure on the guy who finally admitted that it was the husky/wolf who bit him. He made up the story about his wife's beagle cause he didn't want two strikes against his wolf dog.
    You know he could have gotten away with it had mentioned any one of dozens of dog breeds but a beagle? How dumb does he think I am?
    I'm wondering why he would not tell the truth.

Is there some kind of law against a Husky/Wolf dog? Or any dawg that bites?

Why would a guy want to keep a dawg that bites him?

Thanks
    Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    I'm wondering why he would not tell the truth.

Is there some kind of law against a Husky/Wolf dog? Or any dawg that bites?

Why would a guy want to keep a dawg that bites him?

Thanks
    Smitty of the North
    No law against wolf dogs but we have a two strikes and your out for biting dogs. Why he wants to keep a dog that bites him and his young son I have no idea. Maybe he thinks it' cool to have a wolf for a pet/

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

No law against wolf dogs but we have a two strikes and your out for biting dogs.
    Thanks, I figgered it was something like that.

Why he wants to keep a dog that bites him and his young son I have no idea. Maybe he thinks it' cool to have a wolf for a pet/
    I thought maybe the wolf dawg was worth beeg bucks.

Thanks
    Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Default Some People Deserve To Get Bit!

PMFB-RN,
    What an *****, If I had a dog that had bitten my Son and I, regardless of breed, it would be put down immediately. This guy obviously loves his dog, but doesn't have the guts to do the right thing. When a Wolf-Hybrid starts behavior like this there isn't much of an option other than euthanization. I have met many Wolf-Hybrids living in AK my whole life, most were good dogs, but some were just downright scary and very unpredictable. This dog needs to be put-down before somebody gets severely injured or killed. There is no excuse for the lying and stupidity shown by the owner of this dog, you did the right thing informing Law Enforcement of your expert opinion. Thank you for doing the right thing in this situation, and thank you as well for the service you have done to help secure freedom for both Americans and Iraqis as well, you make us all proud to be Americans. Thanks Again!
    -J