Thread: Meindl boot insoles

Default Meindl boot insoles

I purchased the Meindl Alaska hunter boots recently and quickly realized my feet did not like the insoles that came with them. I replaced them with Superfeet Green insoles and although I've only walked about 3 miles on them I am not convienced they are the ones for me either.

Has anyone had a similar experience with these boots? I was thinking of getting the PERFEKT (Meindl) insoles but I have concernes about putting a nonsynthetic product in a boot.

Smile i agree insoles suck, initially.

man i love my meindal Alaska hunter boots! i agree the soles that come with it are absolutly horrible! my buddy and i went into the alaska walking store and picked up lynco orthotics, they have a machine that test your feet to see what sole you need. about 60$ but worth every penny! feet on 8 days of sheep hunting felt great! I thought i have been flat footed my whole life and he's like you've got high arches. i tried superfeet as well and they are not anywhere near lynco quality! my buddy and i both love them, they're like walking in clouds. also the guy in the alaska walking store is awesome, i asked for a military discount and he gave, my buddy already bought his soles and said he was military too, the guy gave him a free pair of socks. great guy, the boots worked awesome for all my hunts, bought them for sheep and will not use another boot! i believe in what works, and these suckers perform beutifully. plus meindal for the money you cannot beat! get those orthotics and i guarentee you'll not be sorry, but the guartee from the lynco and alaska walking store will take it back if it dosnt work for ya.

Thumbs up Good to hear similar...

I have a pair of the Perfekt Hunters and a pair of the Ibex...The insoles in either of them I wasn't impressed with...I've been trying to find something that will hopefully make long treks more comfortable. Thanks for the info! I will definitely check out those insoles...

AZinAK

Smile

deffintly alaska walking store has my buisness, i love solid costomer service and a great product, you wont be dissapointed man!

When ever i go to barneys with the family, wife and daughter go next door to the walking store, and they got 2 free pairs of "Teko" organic wool socks too....guess I'm gonna have to check that place out.

Do you know if they do heat molding? the ski shop does it, but its EXPENSIVE!!!...just trying to find a place that does it for cheap.

Default another option

There is also aetrex insoles at army navy. They also have the machine that shows where all the weight is on your feet. Showed me I also have high arches and I also tried the super feet which I wasn't impressed with. They are $40.

not sure about the heat molding, when i was in we ask for the best orthotics they had, they suggested the lynco without hesitation and i cant speak highly enough about em. The only bad thing is i only have one pair and i keep switching them between shoes, need to go over there myself and get a second pair soley for my hunting boots.

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by doogiehauz View Post
    man i love my meindal Alaska hunter boots! i agree the soles that come with it are absolutly horrible! my buddy and i went into the alaska walking store and picked up lynco orthotics, they have a machine that test your feet to see what sole you need. about 60$ but worth every penny! feet on 8 days of sheep hunting felt great! I thought i have been flat footed my whole life and he's like you've got high arches. i tried superfeet as well and they are not anywhere near lynco quality! my buddy and i both love them, they're like walking in clouds. also the guy in the alaska walking store is awesome, i asked for a military discount and he gave, my buddy already bought his soles and said he was military too, the guy gave him a free pair of socks. great guy, the boots worked awesome for all my hunts, bought them for sheep and will not use another boot! i believe in what works, and these suckers perform beutifully. plus meindal for the money you cannot beat! get those orthotics and i guarentee you'll not be sorry, but the guartee from the lynco and alaska walking store will take it back if it dosnt work for ya.
    Thanks for the info. Juneau doesn't have a Walking Store but I'm glad to hear there's a comfortable solution out there.

I switched all my boots to Meindel Perfekt Insoles [cork] a few years ago.....the best for my feet by a long ways.....even use em in tennis shoes.....but order one size smaller than boot as they are sized Europeon.....

I've had flat foot problems for decades and I try every orthotic I come across....this works for me....have at least six pair.

Quote Originally Posted by VernAK View Post
    I switched all my boots to Meindel Perfekt Insoles [cork] a few years ago.....the best for my feet by a long ways.....even use em in tennis shoes.....but order one size smaller than boot as they are sized Europeon.....

I've had flat foot problems for decades and I try every orthotic I come across....this works for me....have at least six pair.
    Have you ever had a problem with them holding moisture or degrading when you remove them to dryout the boot?

I read a review about them and the person stated the cork broke while trying to change it out to dry.

if you know what kind of arch you, you should be able to find out at any good footfear store, you can go here http://www.orthoticshop.com/custom-o...hotic-insoles/

and they have free shipping. i know i could get them a little cheaper on line but since the guys in ak walking store next to barny's are good folks ill give them my buisness. same with barny's i could find cheaper but i like supporting the local guys if i can.

My Meindel Perfekt cork insoles have held up well with no breakage.....I would think after a lot of wear, you could break them when pulling out of a tight boot......some of mine are three years old but not worn daily.....

Your best bet is to try a pair.....Cabela's $29.95 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by VernAK View Post
    My Meindel Perfekt cork insoles have held up well with no breakage.....I would think after a lot of wear, you could break them when pulling out of a tight boot......some of mine are three years old but not worn daily.....

Your best bet is to try a pair.....Cabela's $29.95 I think.
    Thanks Vern, I think I'm gonna give them a shot and if they dont work then the Lynco's.
    Thanks guys for all the advice.
    -Travis

i use the felt insoles, black/gray ones, pretty cheap, dry easy in the bottom of a sleeping bag overnight and add some good cushion, thats the only insole i use in my meindels and hipboots and so on...
    cheap, easy and durable, dry fast and warm.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    i use the felt insoles, black/gray ones, pretty cheap, dry easy in the bottom of a sleeping bag overnight and add some good cushion, thats the only insole i use in my meindels and hipboots and so on...
    cheap, easy and durable, dry fast and warm.
    Thats a great idea! I walk all over the place in my Extra tuffs with no pain. I go to a quality boot and have arch and heel pain. I ordered a set of the PERFEKT insoles but I'm gonna try the felt tomorow. I'll laugh if they work for me..
    Thanks, Travis

lol let us know how they do travis..the felt will flatten over time, but for a couple bucks it easy to replace, never tossed them in a drier but it might fluff them up a little bit..just a thought.
    Master guide 212

Are these a actual felt insoles or are they the wool blend felt insoles? I've been looking at some wool/felt insoles which cost about $10-15 but look comfy and will definitely be great for people with sweaty/cold feet.

Paolo

they might have a blend, they are black on one side and gray on the other, easy to find and real common. the price you mentioned sounds high though...
    Master guide 212