Thread: Moose Calling DVD

Default Moose Calling DVD

Any DVD recomendations on learning how to call moose. Hoping to find the best one I can.
    Thanks Tony

Love Thunder and Bull 1&2 are some of the best out there.

Also, the great Alaskan moose hunt. Made right here in the interior......

Gouthro's Moose madness Series on moose and hunting and calling it is a 4 dvd set 400 min of learning not "Shooting"

http://www.gouthrosmoosemadness.com/
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Gouthro's Moose madness Series on moose and hunting and calling it is a 4 dvd set 400 min of learning not "Shooting"

http://www.gouthrosmoosemadness.com/
    I'll second this one. A little slow at times, & a bit spendy but well worth it.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

I learned to call moose by watching Love, Thunder, and Bull (1&2). I also watched a moose calling video from Maine last year. The Maine guys use different calls and set-ups. I used the Maine tactics last year after everything else would not work. A big boy came in on a string with only two--one second cow calls.

I would buy all three videos if the monetary resources were available.

Default Magnum

I have all the below, found the moose madness series to be by far the most educational - yes a bit slow and boring at times but is done step by step, very professional, repeated so you get time to learn the moves. Alex Gouthro is a retired teacher and he used his past skills to do this well. He also has a 120 minute short Tune up version out that is pretty good but I think the 4 part tape has best stuff for a beginner ...
    Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by AFHunter View Post
    I learned to call moose by watching Love, Thunder, and Bull (1&2). I also watched a moose calling video from Maine last year. The Maine guys use different calls and set-ups. I used the Maine tactics last year after everything else would not work. A big boy came in on a string with only two--one second cow calls.

I would buy all three videos if the monetary resources were available.
    Was that dvd "Answer the Call"? It seemed centered more on hunting than instructional? Very good moose callers in Maine and Canada as well.

Talking

All of the above are useful. Also, there's the newer bowhunting video out there by Archer's Choice (Ralph and Vicki Ciarincialo) called Moose Gone Wild. Lots of calling techniques broken down for ya and some "in yo' face" close shots too. Good stuff....

Default Answer the call

is the video from Maine. I just tried to find mine and must be whoever I leant Answer the Call to thought it was a great movie also.

I agree Answer the call is centered on hunting. The bonus is: these guys show exactly how they call and it shows the results of their calling.

If I remember right; the guide explains why he uses only cow calls and his method during one calling session.