Thread: lee carbide dies

Default lee carbide dies

Does anyone know of any place in anchorage or the valley that sells lee carbide pistol dies? Thanks

Maybe sportmans warehouse. I have a couple sets but cannot remeber where I bought them..

Default call first

I had a heck of a time getting my last set. Sportsman's didn't have them then (yr ago). there is always on line shopping

Dave

Default Dies

I have seen them at most gunstores specifically sportsman, chimos, the store on Muldoon (cant remember the name). A lot of times the selection is limited or hidden away. Ask when you go in or call beforehand. Goodluck

Default thanks

thanks for the replies, i checked sportsmans, they didn't have them, i think i am going to wait a little while longer, and order the dies and a few other things from midway. Thanks again.

Why don't you order straight from Lee? They usually end up paying more on the shipping than they charge me!

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by jakec5253 View Post
    Does anyone know of any place in anchorage or the valley that sells lee carbide pistol dies? Thanks
    I would order them from Midway, Cabelas, or even Lee. If the local stores have them, chances are they won't hav'em in the cartridge you want. It seems like they can't afford to carry a big selection of anything, and they re-order only when they run out of everything else too.

Since Sportsmans Warehouse doesn't have them. Chimo Guns in Wasilla, and Boondocks in Eagle River are good stores, You could let you fingers do the walkin.
    Smitty of the North

Default ordering from lee

I looked at lee's website, they want almost 15 dollars more than midway does for the same set of dies, which doesn't make much sense. I have never been to chimos, but i did check boondocks, all they had were rcbs and redding dies, but i don't want to spend that much for a set of pistol dies. I am going to check the gun show in wasilla this weekend if i can sneek away from work for a few hours, and i can't find something reasonable, i am going to make a order to midway next week. thanks for all the replies and all the help. I am always amazed at the wealth of knowledge this forum and its members have and are willing to share. Thanks again.

Well I'm taking the plunge and started buying equipment so have been spending a lot of time researching and shopping. I'm fixin to order the lee deluxe 4 die set for 26.99 from Midway or 26.50 from wideners.com for my 44 and 38 special. Midway has some other stuff I want though so will probably go with them. There are some good buys on ebay at times also for new dies like rcbs carbide. But for 27 bucks for a 4 die carbide set with a shellholder Lee seems like a no brainer. Man, I can't beleive some guys are bidding up to retail price on used reloading equipment on ebay.

Default Extra Dies

Quote Originally Posted by jakec5253 View Post

Jake,

I have several sets of Lee 4 die sets in various calibers, new in the box, in their little round plastic holder. I don't know what calibers I have here but about ten sets, duplicates of some.

I'm in Fairbanks, but I've got to go to ANC next week, let me know if you're interested.

I bought these some time back when two guys here on this forum said they wanted them and would be by to pick them up, etc. That was last August, I'm pretty sure they have stiffed me. Let me know what calibers you want and I'll dig through the box. I think they are about $25.

Jim

Default lee dies

Murphy,
    I really appriciate your offer, but i found the set i was looking for here in anchorage. Gun Traders on Muldoon had a decent selection of calibers if anyone else is looking for lee dies. I think they were around 27 bucks. Thanks for all the replies, and thanks again Murphy for the offer.

Jake