Thread: Kodiak Island Fishing

Default Kodiak Island Fishing

I am eagerly looking forward to fishing Kodiak Island this summer with my grandson and son. Bernard Rosenberg's book "Kodiak Fishing at Any Angle" has been an extremely valuable asset in planning our trip. I was also lucky enough to spend an hour with Bernard on the phone getting tips and suggestions on everything from fishing, sightseeing, bears, charters ,AtV trips to bugs in Kodiak.
    If you are considering Kodiak Island, then buy a copy of Bernard Rosenberg's "Kodiak Fishing at any Angle".

Default Card of thanks...

Your post was appreciated!

Helping to bring the visitor and anglers to this wonderous fishing opportunity is my pleasure.

You are in for the Alaskan experience of a lifetime. Get ready for some excellent fishing with affordability, comfort, and plenty of room to wet a line...

http://www.alaskanauthor.com

My father in law and I went to the southeastern peninsula last year and found Bernard's book to be worth its weight in gold. I would recommend it highly for the first time fisherman. I've also got his book about Kodiak fishing and am planning to take my 14 yr old daughter there for a week of fishing next summer. If you'd like to share some of his recommendations I would appreciate it tremendously. PM, email, or phone call is fine. Thanks.

Flattery. Thanks for the comments.

I am currently assisting Yoder directly. Though not a local, my two seasons as a renter in Kodiak gave me an even greater insight to the community. The books are almost gone and I was glad to help.

I brought my cousin in last summer; his round trip flight from Chicago cost him a whopping $10 plus his annual VISA fee. He also brought back three checked fish boxes full of promises.

It's January. Time to ticket for best seats and availability.

I'm selling out in Florida and relocating to the Seattle area. That will give me an easy gateway to China and Alaska. I got married at sea in Kodiak in September, closed out my lease, went to China, and returned to the USA in December.

The fish they serve in China are of poor quality; pond raised/head-on/and never filleted; count your blessings if you are catching and eating what swims at the Top of the World.

And if you're buying Tony Davis Slum congratulate yourself. It's the best stuff out there...

Rosenberg; Sarasota, FL
    "Two decades researching and defining fishing opportunities in the Last Frontier!"

I didn't intend to come across as flattering. But the book Alaska Fishing On A Budget does allow a person that has never visited Alaska before to plan every detail of their trip and make it successful. I think what makes the book unique is the detail that he goes into on every aspect of the trip.

When will you be here?

We'll be there July 15 to 23rd.

Boat and Condo are in Seward, but I live in Centreville, VA most of the year

Kodiak is great. I haven't been there for awhile. There is good fishing close to town, or opportunities to go to remote areas. Don't forget to go to Tony's, it's an experience. Does anyone know if the waitresses still strip and dance on the bar?

They did back in 1975 oops... showing my age

Make it easy and book with Kodiak Combos. If you have any doubts check out his posts on the forum. That guy catches fish!

Sobie2