Thread: All this talk of 460 Rowland

Default All this talk of 460 Rowland

I've looked at a lot of the 460 Rowland related threads here. This has started me thinking about bringing out the BUffalo Bore line of 460 Rowland ammo a lot sooner than next year, which is what I had originally planned.

So this summer, you'll see about 5 new 460 Rowland loads from BB, including a 255gr. Hard Cast FN that WONT set back as it is fed from the magazine to the chamber. I've been working on the cure for bullet "set back" with the 460.

Also, BB is going to take the UPS Hazardous Materials certification, so we can ship via air directly to AK customers. We should have this done in a few months too.

I'll pay some extra for the UPS thing for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Sundles View Post
    So this summer, you'll see about 5 new 460 Rowland loads from BB, including a 255gr. Hard Cast FN that WONT set back as it is fed from the magazine to the chamber. I've been working on the cure for bullet "set back" with the 460.
    That's the specific load I'm looking forward to Tim, but I've got to ask: What are the other four loads going to be?

As far as bullet set back, I had a test round that I hit with a quick bayonet crimp and it didn't display any set back after being chambered five times...

Deisel,

We will do a 185gr. JHP @1500+ fps, a 230gr. JHP @ around 1350 fps, a 230gr. FMJ-FN @ around 1350 fps and a 255gr. Hard cast-FN @ around 1350 fps. Because the hard cast bullet is slicker than jacket material, we can run it every bit as fast as the lighter 230gr. jacketed bullet at the same pressure.

There is a good chance we will also do a jacketed 255 to 260gr. version @ around 1200 fps.

Lots of pressure testing and design work left to do..............

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Sundles View Post
    Deisel,

We will do a 185gr. JHP @1500+ fps, a 230gr. JHP @ around 1350 fps, a 230gr. FMJ-FN @ around 1350 fps and a 255gr. Hard cast-FN @ around 1350 fps. Because the hard cast bullet is slicker than jacket material, we can run it every bit as fast as the lighter 230gr. jacketed bullet at the same pressure.

There is a good chance we will also do a jacketed 255 to 260gr. version @ around 1200 fps.

Lots of pressure testing and design work left to do..............
    Need help with any of that?
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Need help with any of that?

Good help is always welcome. What did you have in mind?