Thread: Caribou pay for the Caribou hunt

Default Caribou pay for the Caribou hunt

This is something to consitter, making things to sell to contenue the hunt

This is where the wife gets involved.

Making $$ from the wildlife you get is REALLY Cool
    Trappers who sew, to hunters wives that can draw,to carvers that make cool stuff outta antlers, its a great way to get creative.

Subsistence use at its best, Id venture to say. Good skins from this fall that I scraped and tanned, with spruce poles to strech and keep the skin as a canvas, makes 'em cool to hang on the wall.
    The wife does a fairly traditional pictographic of Caribou, massing for the start of the Northward fall migration at the first snow....scatter'd caribou following that old Cow again........
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Stranger, that is really nice. What kind of price range does art like that run?

...wonderful stuff!

-thankyou for posting everything that you do, Stranger;
    -I always enjoy it-
    ....a well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed....

She dosent do bad, price wize.
    Often , to individuals, she gets a couple three hundred $$ but with corperations and foundations, she often doubles her take......alotta trades as well

Interestingly we watched this very scean this fall, as a lead Cow mosed off and the rest of the herd just slowly trickled into line, following.

She often does Sealskins and decorates alotta stuff with the picto's of the Caribou. This kinds stuff gos directly into our "Hunting fund" as has been recently threaded about here.
    This kind of work is going on in a very big way in the next room over as the Wife is inking a Seal skin in frame (7' X 12 ') and Im hopeing it blossems into a new outboard. With a good outboard, good hunting will be had, and that into a new snowgo........yaaaaaaaaa......perpetualy

Sorry 'bout the quality of the photo,my computer is Dead(!!) the computer Im borrowing actually has a little camera in it, I had to point the macbook at it ~~LOL!!~~

Many years ago I had a friend who lived a similar lifestye as you in the foothills of the Brooks. He hunted and trapped, panned a little gold. Lived in a cabin with his wife and family. This was long before internet. He had a CB radio he could get out a little bit with.

We went hunting many times. I learned more from him than is imaginable. He's gone now and his family is scattered. It's nice to know the values and lifestyle are continuing. Keep on carrying on!

Default excellent art stranger

the pics you posted are of some beautiful work

heres some photos of a shed turned into a good sturdy coat rack quick cheap and easy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great Idea, Hooternanny!

I gotta try something like that....too many coats around here~~LOL!!!~~