Thread: Transporting bows up??

Default Transporting bows up??

Moving up this summer. Have decided to ship guns as the Canucks sound aggravating. I shoot traditional archery and am stopping on the way to visit some trad friends and would like to have my bow with me to shoot a bit. I can't find any regs on crossing the border with a bow. Anyone know? I found the regs on guns, mace, knives and such but no bows. Help. Thanks
    Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway.- John Wayne

i d0 not think you going to have a problem on a bow they just do not like handguns for some reason

There is (see note below) no problem with bows. I just drove down to the lesser 48 and back in November and December with my bow (broadhead arrows and all included) and had no problems. When they asked about weapons, I told them exactly what I had and they just waved me through with a "have a nice drive" comment. In the trip, I crossed the border 4 times, declared it every time and had zero issues with it. The only reaction was a brief pause when I did not automatically say "no" when they asked if I had weapons. I think they expected me to have a firearm, but they visable relaxed when I told them it was a bow.

note: Don't take mine or anyone elses word as final. You should contact someone with more authority to verify things for yourself.

That's kind of what I am expecting. That helps a ton guys. Thanks
    Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway.- John Wayne