Thread: Federal ban on fishing?

Default Federal ban on fishing?

Can anyone grant any more insight on this? I don't want to have to start packing my bags just yet...but I may have to either go somewhere else or secede....

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/saltwater/news/story?id=4975762

Fox just ran a little blurb on it too. That will stir some chit in the right direction.

Executive orders from Obama...God help us. He is the devil...the end of our individual freedoms and liberties as we know them. Folks, you gotta speak out against Obama and become active. You can start with his pal Begich who is supporting the HC bill, Cap and Trade, and the big green movement. Then take a young kid fishing as soon as you can...He may not get another chance.

Default Grampy, I didn't know you were political?

Saw your post and just had to laugh. You normally don't put out a "POLITICAL" Agenda or side per say. Not knocking you just seemed out of character, that's all. Join the Club!!!
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Default suspect Grampyfishes is having fun

Quote Originally Posted by Grampyfishes View Post
    Fox just ran a little blurb on it too. That will stir some chit in the right direction.

Executive orders from Obama...God help us. He is the devil...the end of our individual freedoms and liberties as we know them. Folks, you gotta speak out against Obama and become active. You can start with his pal Begich who is supporting the HC bill, Cap and Trade, and the big green movement. Then take a young kid fishing as soon as you can...He may not get another chance.

I think Grampyfishes is pulling our leg here Whop.

Default Pulling my what?

If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Uhh...no. I was being sincere. I probably surprised some here because I usually keep my political emotions out of fishery issues. I don't believe our fisheries should be managed by them. I prefer science-based fishery management. This issue however connects politics and fishing, almost directly. Enough about me...lets not lose sight of the topic here. Nothing Obama is doing looks good. And now fishing. Cheers. Gramps.

Uhh...no. I was being sincere. I probably surprised some here because I usually keep my political emotions out of fishery issues. I don't believe our fisheries should be managed by them. I prefer science-based fishery management. This issue however connects politics and fishing, almost directly. Enough about me...lets not lose sight of the topic here. Nothing Obama is doing looks good. And now fishing. Cheers. Gramps.
    Grampy for once we agree on something. That guy will ruin fishing and our nation.

Wink

Those that remain silent on this issue are imo, are passively condoning the actions of the annointed one. Stand up and speak out or forever hold your peace.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

OK.. Who hacked grampy's account.. Good one guys.

Maybe you could explain that 270ti....What gives you the perception my political views would be any different?

Default Obama Admin Jumps to Squelch Rumors of U.S. Fishing Ban

Obama's response to that article in the NY Times:
    http://www.nytimes.com/gwire/2010/03...ish-65275.html

I think this was a very effective deliberate misinformation campaign.

Default Perhaps, or...

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskamoose View Post
    Obama's response to that article in the NY Times:
    http://www.nytimes.com/gwire/2010/03...ish-65275.html

I think this was a very effective deliberate misinformation campaign.
    ... did they just quickly back off and cover their tracks?
    Politics is sometimes a game of feign and retreat. See how much progress can be made on a social agenda until the outcry forces denial and latency and until another try can be made sometime in the future.

RMK

Default consider your source

Hear that noise? It's a black helicopter. Quick, run for your basement.

Sorry guys, but calling the President "the devil" and then calling each other names is exactly what we were hoping to avoid here. Politics certainly plays an important role in fisheries management, but this is beyond the scope of what we'll allow here.