Thread: 460 Rowland in CZ75B

Default 460 Rowland in CZ75B

I was curious if anyone makes a kit to convert the EAA Witness or Baby Eagle to 460 Rowland?

No kits that I could find, although it would appear the steel framed 75 and clones would be viable candidates.

How attached are you to the gun, and are you in the mood to experiment?

No kit but we can punch them out

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Nut View Post
    No kits that I could find, although it would appear the steel framed 75 and clones would be viable candidates.

How attached are you to the gun, and are you in the mood to experiment?
    While not overly attached to the pistol I am pretty attached to the had that would likely be holding it when the hammer fell
    Perhaps a 45 barrel and magazine are in order as well as a heavier spring. I wonder if what exactly goes into the conversion besides the compensator

Perhaps when I get it back from getting duracoated it may need to take a trip into wildwest. What a sweet combo to have a pistol that could be converted 40 to 10mm w/ a barrel/mag swap. Then toss in another barrel/mag to shoot 45 and 460 R.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    While not overly attached to the pistol I am pretty attached to the hand that would likely be holding it when the hammer fell
    I hear ya there! Ransom rests are a wildcatter's best friend

I wonder if what exactly goes into the conversion besides the compensator
    With the XD conversion, it's a new bbl, heavier recoil spring and new (solid) guide rod. I don't even know if you'd need a comp for the CZ...

What a sweet combo to have a pistol that could be converted 40 to 10mm w/ a barrel/mag swap. Then toss in another barrel/mag to shoot 45 and 460 R.
    Now you got me thinking about a new slide and commensurate bbls for my XD. One gun, four vastly different performance levels...it'd be like the .460 S&W of the autoloader world...

Perhaps when I get it back from getting duracoated it may need to take a trip into wildwest. What a sweet combo to have a pistol that could be converted 40 to 10mm w/ a barrel/mag swap. Then toss in another barrel/mag to shoot 45 and 460 R.
    If your CZ75B is a .40 you'll need a new slide, cause of the different bolt face. You can't just toss on a new barrel and shoot .45acp/.460 Rowland out of a .40 gun. And I'm pretty sure the receivers are different too.

You can toss on a new barrel and shoot .357 Sig though.

Quote Originally Posted by .338-06 View Post
    If your CZ75B is a .40 you'll need a new slide, cause of the different bolt face. You can't just toss on a new barrel and shoot .45acp/.460 Rowland out of a .40 gun. And I'm pretty sure the receivers are different too.

You can toss on a new barrel and shoot .357 Sig though.
    ahhh, you are right! should have read "toss on a new barrel/slide/mag"

EAAs are all the same frame, the compact is just a cut down grip but they all take the same long mags. .40 feeds fine from a 10mm mag so you don't need 40 mags at all, have not done it but I bet 10mm would feed from a .40 mag also. You can get a conversion kit form Abele’s Ammo for about $195 in .22, 9mm, 357sig, .40, 10mm, and 45acp. Kit is a complete slide and one mag, just slip it on your frame and that's it. I have been thinking about converting my 45 EAA I never shoot anymore to 460, I don't see why it would not be very doable. The gun is very strong and with the right springs it should run like a champ.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    EAAs are all the same frame
    Actually, as I understand it the 10mm frame is a bit larger.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

While not overly attached to the pistol I am pretty attached to the had that would likely be holding it when the hammer fell

That's way funny. I would suggest a heavier spring and some 45 Super brass first to see how you like it. Chamber support is important here. The Super brass is thicker and fits ACP chambers. You can push 230 grains at about 1100 fps in 5" of barrel. The Rowland mod will work in the CZ 97 with a good barrel but the super is spunky in that frame.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Quote Originally Posted by Vance in AK View Post
    Actually, as I understand it the 10mm frame is a bit larger.
    I have a 45, a 10mm, and had a .40 compact and a 22 kit. If there is any deference I sure can’t find it. My 10mm is a Match, my .45 is the stock Witness, and I run the 22 on them both as well as switching the 10/45 slides back and forth because one is DA and one is SA. When I had the 40 compact I ran the full size 45 slide and mag on it to show people it would work. If there is any deference I sure can’t find it in 11 years of messing with them. There is an old model and new model that are different but all I know about the old is the top of the slide is not rounded off and the slides wont interchange.

Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    I have a 45, a 10mm, and had a .40 compact and a 22 kit. If there is any deference I sure can’t find it. My 10mm is a Match, my .45 is the stock Witness, and I run the 22 on them both as well as switching the 10/45 slides back and forth because one is DA and one is SA. When I had the 40 compact I ran the full size 45 slide and mag on it to show people it would work. If there is any deference I sure can’t find it in 11 years of messing with them. There is an old model and new model that are different but all I know about the old is the top of the slide is not rounded off and the slides wont interchange.

I've never tried conversions on them myself. I do know that the folks at Tanfoglio told me that anything would work on the 10mm frame but the 10mm wouldn't work in a 9mm/40S&W etc frame because the grip frame on the 10s was a bit deeper (longer front to rear). I have no personal experience.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Quote Originally Posted by Vance in AK View Post
    I've never tried conversions on them myself. I do know that the folks at Tanfoglio told me that anything would work on the 10mm frame but the 10mm wouldn't work in a 9mm/40S&W etc frame because the grip frame on the 10s was a bit deeper (longer front to rear). I have no personal experience.
    Could be true of the older ones (pre 99 sometime) I have no experience with, EZ series, or maybe the poly guns I guess but not the newer steel Witness and Elite series as far as I can tell. I love them, they are a lot of gun for the buck.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    No kit but we can punch them out
    If it all comes together I may just have a new toy in the near future!!

Go to the EAA website they list allthe kits. http://www.eaacorp.com/parts-hand-gu...sion-kits.html