Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got congratulated on a winning draw?

Default Got congratulated on a winning draw?

Wife just got a letter from one of the bigger Air Carriers congratulating her on her winning draw and wishing her a successful 2010? WTH over? Now I am wondering who knows what.

Default Kind of funny

A few years back when I drew the Chugach Archer Sheep draw I got the same letter from another outfitter. I didnt think anything of it then, but this stuff may go out to the pilots and outfitters so they can solicit clients. If thats the case thats pretty sorry on the states behalf.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFSTER View Post
    Wife just got a letter from one of the bigger Air Carriers congratulating her on her winning draw and wishing her a successful 2010? WTH over? Now I am wondering who knows what.
    She could and should sue them for causing Anxiety Issues. If she were to go off and start doing crazy stuff, you would have every right to file on her behalf. Which "Air Carrier" is guilty of this nonsense?

Or....you should play along with them, build it up to a crescendo, then BLAM when the results come out, you and them can have a good laugh when she gets the bad news.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFSTER View Post
    I got a letter today from an air carrier congratulating me as well and they do fly into Kodiak
    The Kodiak Bear Draw is out and I did apply for 3 area's in Kodiak, however, The area's I have applied for are not showing any result.Looks like the list on the AF&G site is incomplete??
    So I wonder what gives
    Fish IT! Hunt IT! or *#%@ IT!

I wanted to leave the carriers name out of it, as would not want some SNAFU to get some poor employee in a jam. It did get us excited. I just put a Pre-64 Winchester vintage in .375 H&H along with an Arctic Oven on order just because of that letter. ok maybe not but thought the letter was funny. She did not put in for anything on Kodiak.. I did.

It could be that because the results are going to take until the end of the month, the transporters and air taxis are getting nervous about booking clients. They may have decided this year to send out that letter to all the applicants for a certain tag. When I drew a Kodiak goat tag I got a letter from Seahawk and Andrews air. I didn't mind.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

i've got the same letters. also from taxidermist on kodiak, before i got news i was drawn.

one therory is that the outfitters could be pulling up the info on everyone who is in for the drawing? prior to anyone actually getting drawn.

or adf&g could be notify the outfitters so planning can begin

i'd know more............if someone could claim to have gotten one of those congratulations letters without getting drawn. that would suck buttocks

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    It could be that because the results are going to take until the end of the month, the transporters and air taxis are getting nervous about booking clients. They may have decided this year to send out that letter to all the applicants for a certain tag. When I drew a Kodiak goat tag I got a letter from Seahawk and Andrews air. I didn't mind.
    I drew the Goat tag last year and yes also got the same 2 letters, but it was after the results were out in print.
    There were quite few applicants that applied for the area's on Kodiak last year and would be a few hundred in postage just to send out to people who applied. I have a 44 Cent stamp on my letter and not bulk mail, although my letter say's, Dear Hunter and not my name.The address label does look computer generated.
    If anything it's got me excited about the upcoming drawing at the end of the month that I completely forgot about.
    Fish IT! Hunt IT! or *#%@ IT!

Heard the drawing results were done, the state was just waiting on some results from a few specialty hunts to decide this years harvest numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBoy22 View Post
    Heard the drawing results were done, the state was just waiting on some results from a few specialty hunts to decide this years harvest numbers.
    Where did you hear this from?

Man, am I the only person on here who doesn't have "connections" on the inside?

My wife got her letter in the mail today with coupons for lodging at the silver fox and food coupons in the delta area. Wonder what permit that is
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Where did you hear this from?

You don't have connections? Seems like the last few drawings you were able to "predict" when they were going to come out!! Any guess on when they will be out this time?

Quote Originally Posted by CGSwimmer25 View Post
    You don't have connections? Seems like the last few drawings you were able to "predict" when they were going to come out!! Any guess on when they will be out this time?
    Ha! Nope, no connections. I've just noticed the trend that they always seem to come out on a Friday afternoon after the 5pm close of business - usually sometime between 5:30 and 6:30pm.

With everything being done in one draw, it's an entirely different game this time around. I'd love to say Friday the 19th, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it drawn out longer.

Alaska_Lanche and polarisblake both received mailings like this as well....weird...

Default with a crystal ball like that...

... Friday the 19th, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it drawn out longer.
    You really should buy a couple of tickets to the Nenana Ice Classic contest there Brian.

Tanana breakup should be really easy to predict compared to predicting F&G announcement timing.

Easy explanation to the "letters". You fill out permits, therefore all your information becomes 'public' via the Internet. Flying serices, taxadermy shops, guide out fits can simple use a computer program that grabs your name and address, fill the paper box up on the computer and hit 'print!' come back in the morning, fold all the SPAM up and drop it off in the mail. Very easy proccess. I've gotten several in the mail over the last ten years or so.

Roger -
    Y O U

S U C K

Quote Originally Posted by AKDSLDOG View Post
    Easy explanation to the "letters". You fill out permits, therefore all your information becomes 'public' via the Internet. Flying serices, taxadermy shops, guide out fits can simple use a computer program that grabs your name and address, fill the paper box up on the computer and hit 'print!' come back in the morning, fold all the SPAM up and drop it off in the mail. Very easy proccess. I've gotten several in the mail over the last ten years or so.
    That part we know, and they get your information from the complied list of hunt "winners" not "applicants". I've drawn Kodiak Goat two years in a row and received letters both years, but nothing this year and I did apply. Apparantly I did not win, but some people here did and got the letters already. It almost sounds like the lists of winners for several hunts is available somewhere or to some commercial outfits. Be nice if they let the hunters know too.

No Connections here either Brian, but i dont need anyone on the inside to tell me that I didnt draw a darn thing again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerod View Post
    That part we know, and they get your information from the complied list of hunt "winners" not "applicants". I've drawn Kodiak Goat two years in a row and received letters both years, but nothing this year and I did apply. Apparantly I did not win, but some people here did and got the letters already. It almost sounds like the lists of winners for several hunts is available somewhere or to some commercial outfits. Be nice if they let the hunters know too.
    Perhaps they drew last year? 3 years ago? Doesn't matter, they keep your info. It's just "spamming", doesn't mean the permits are done and ready, just means that this certain business has started early on sending out flyer's.

There is so many ways to get your personal info via the computer. Heck, I'll bet 25% of there flyer's go to people who don't hunt!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast