Thread: Charles Daly....No more!

Default Charles Daly....No more!

It looks like KBI the parent company of Charles Daly firearms has managed to go down in flames.
    http://www.charlesdaly.com/

Yes, Now it will be harder for me to find a Mini-Mouser action to build a 6.8 SPC

They are about number six in the last fifty years with the Daly name for guns.Someone will soon buy the rights and it will be back out there.

I don't know if you folks are aware of this or not but Charles Daily went out of business i the 1950's when their manufacture was LINDER of Germany. He died dunning the War. Then I n the 1960 Merrouke of Japan was brought int manufacture guns under the exporters name of Charles Daily. I really haven't kept up with all the different companies that made guns for Daily.

The reputation for the high quality came from Linder. That is why the really high dollar stuff comes from the Linder era.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Yes, Now it will be harder for me to find a Mini-Mouser action to build a 6.8 SPC
    Charles Daly hasn't been producing the mini-mausers for a few years. Remington was bringing them in most recently as the 799. They show up on Gunbroker from time to time.

I highly recommend that caliber/action combo however. I have one and love it!

The great Hal Lindner did build many of the fine shotguns imported by Shoveling Daly & Gales but not all, Sauer built many.Along side of the Daly marked guns you could also look at L.C.Smiths or Parkers and Winchester. I finest shooting gun I've owned was a Lindner Diamond grade with 12 bore Diamond Quality Damascus barrels.What sporting trophies I have belong to this gun built in 1892. Daly themselfs never produced a gun much like Browning