Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Old Coastal Gold Mines and canerys

  1. #1

    Default Old Coastal Gold Mines and canerys

    Here is the deal, I am a avid scuba diver and bottle collector. Does anyone have locations of any old (pre 1950) coastal gold mines, canerys, or other facilities that are now abandoned and have docks or piers that are still recognizable? I have found these are great places to find old bottles and other items that were once considered trash but are fun to find. Myseld and some others are always looking for new dive sites. I will happily post any pictures of our finds.

  2. #2

    Thumbs up

    Just outside the harbor at Valdez, before you get to Shoup Glacier, you will find a mine shaft that is flooded now, after the earthquake. Easy to find everyone knows it is there.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts