Thread: silver lake

Default silver lake

Went to silver lake mile 10 on mccarthy road today 3/6/2010 fished from 2:00pm to 6 proberly caught and relased over 30 rainbows, 2 of them were over 20 inches was using shrimp, orange power bait and a 6 inch dodger flasher in bout 10 feet of water, it was a good day, anyone know anything bout Van lake? the trail is broken in to van lake from silver lake, i went out there to check it out but i didnt fish! let me know if u know any info bout it

Quote Originally Posted by wesak81 View Post
    Went to silver lake mile 10 on mccarthy road today 3/6/2010 fished from 2:00pm to 6 proberly caught and relased over 30 rainbows, 2 of them were over 20 inches was using shrimp, orange power bait and a 6 inch dodger flasher in bout 10 feet of water, it was a good day, anyone know anything bout Van lake? the trail is broken in to van lake from silver lake, i went out there to check it out but i didnt fish! let me know if u know any info bout it
    Sweet! Thanks for the report. Can you drive a truck up to Silver Lake(or up to the access point to it), or do you have to take a snowmachine/atv from Chitina to it? I've always wanted to fish it in the winter, but I never know if I would need an ATV from Chitina or not. Thanks!

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Default in the winter

u can drive all the way to the lake to the public parking area, i reccomend four wheel drive due to the snow drifts, but if u dont have a snow machine u have to walk to the lake from the mccarthy road, but yea most of the time its a plowed road from chitna to the lake due to the residence of people living back there