Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alaskan Encounter with Bigfoot

Matanuska-Susitna, AK / Tampa Bay, FL Areas

Default Alaskan Encounter with Bigfoot

While some truly believe they have seen a Bigfoot, has anyone truly had such an encounter while in Alaska?

Here in Florida we have the Swamp Ape. My brother has seen a beast similar to the photo sent to the Sarasota Police Department here in Florida and I believe him. The photos of it are so very similar to Bigfoot that I believe such a creature may exist.

I am only curious because we will be living on the outskirts of a populated area. We are not afraid of such an encounter. I am just a bit curious.

Thanks.

Be afraid! Be very afraid!!! :)
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Yeah, they located throughout the state. But up here we refer to them as "old trappers".

Ryan
    "If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it." ......Fred Bear

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Phish Finder View Post
    Be afraid! Be very afraid!!! :)

Yeh, right. LOL I'm not afraid of much except a Nuclear Holocaust. Thanks just the same.

Wait a minute... I thought about that. I would hate to have a swarm of cutter ants (or an ant of another ant species) enter my home and devour my skin while I sleep. :-)

LOL :-)

"Rare White Polar Ants escape from the Alaskan Zoo-Will there escape cause chaos to surrounding areas? Invaded by Ants!"

Now, that scares me. Does it you? Ants can destroy everything from computer mainboards to every circut board throughout the state. Where would man exist today without the means of computer technology? If they do not devour man then will they devour our infrastructure?

There are so many theories to the demise of mankind. Why be afraid... that leads to nowhere. Whether man or beast there is a horror story. Why be afraid? The end to mankind has been a story since the beginning of time.

Live and be happy. What will happen will happen. Make the best of it and live on. Be knowledgeable and there lies the strength to live on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_By_Choice View Post
    Yeah, they located throughout the state. But up here we refer to them as "old trappers".

Ryan
    I can not find anything on your posting "old trappers" in Alaska. I believe you. There has been positive testing on the hair as to describe the being as to be ape in nature and not human. However, that is not important to me. What is important is coexistence. If I am able to, I would like a relationship where the entity would understand I meant no harm.

Again, I ask... has anyone had an experience with such a life form. Thanks.

My mother-in-law shows up every few years.... does that count? ;) I usually get to go on a fly in pike trip or I take her to the highest skeeter area that I can find. Seems to be working. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    I can not find anything on your posting "old trappers" in Alaska. I believe you. There has been positive testing on the hair as to describe the being as to be ape in nature and not human. However, that is not important to me. What is important is coexistence. If I am able to, I would like a relationship where the entity would understand I meant no harm.

Try searching "Hairy Man"-Alaska. That's what Bigfoot type critters are called up here.

In some parts of the state they are also known as "woodsman" or "kushtaka".

See Rob Alley's book on Southeast sasquatches:

http://www.amazon.com/Raincoast-Sasq.../dp/0888395086

Default Dang, no!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_By_Choice View Post

Ryan
    They're old hippies and their heartland is Fritz Creek Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by .338-06 View Post
    Try searching "Hairy Man"-Alaska. That's what Bigfoot type critters are called up here.
    Thanks.... What a great read! Folklore... maybe/maybe not.

We had a lot of such sightings in Northern Wisconsin since forever. I remember the local area Indians called it the "Great Elder Brother" that more or less had a sixth sense and knew when people would approach and decided who it would let near it and because of this ability it could and would elude capture or from being hunted.

Quote Originally Posted by samsoniam View Post
    In some parts of the state they are also known as "woodsman" or "kushtaka".

See Rob Alley's book on Southeast sasquatches:

http://www.amazon.com/Raincoast-Sasq.../dp/0888395086

Thanks... I ordered up a copy. Looks like an exceptional read!
    Whether they exist or not it's fun just to think of the possibility of species that have mystified and baffled their trackers.

Alley's book is most excellent. Most Alaskans would be amazed at the sightings and other evidence Alley presents. In particular for me, there was a "nest" found on Prince of Wales Island by a timber cruiser with hair and scat samples taken. The timber cruiser informed the Native Corporation that hired him and was reluctant to inform anybody else. ADFG and State Forestry personnel were taken to the site by the Native landowners. The ADFG person stated that it closely resembled a gorilla nest. The hair and scat were sent for testing, but supposedly were contaminated or otherwise unreliable. There are photos of the nest in the book.

Another excellent read is Richard Nelson's "Make Prayers to the Raven; A Koyukon View of the Northern Forest". While it's reference to the "woodsman" is rather limited, it is an overall excellent anthropological study of the interior Alaskan Athabaskan and their relationship with the natural world.

Thanks samsoniam for the recommendation.

While some truly believe they have seen a Bigfoot, has anyone truly had such an encounter while in Alaska?

Here in Florida we have the Swamp Ape. My brother has seen a beast similar to the photo sent to the Sarasota Police Department here in Florida and I believe him. The photos of it are so very similar to Bigfoot that I believe such a creature may exist.

I am only curious because we will be living on the outskirts of a populated area. We are not afraid of such an encounter. I am just a bit curious.

Thanks.
    The Skunk Ape Photo the Sarasota Police have compared to an Orangutan.

A sighting of a different one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN69ChFO-Qc

There are so many sightings around here that most believe than not in such a creature.

http://www.history.com/shows/monsterquest/videos?paidlink=1&vid=HIS_SEM_Search&keywords=skun k%2Bapes%2Bsightings&utm_source=google&utm_medium= cpc&utm_campaign=monsterquest&utm_term=skunk%20ape s%20sightings#bigfoot-evidence

You have to click on the Video below on Bigfoot Evidence. Enjoy.

Default link to alaska sightings on BFRO

Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

http://www.qc.cuny.edu/Academics/Degrees/DMNS/Faculty%20Documents/Hickerson2.pdf

read through the jargon for an interesting 2009 article. a synopsis of bigfoot habitat modeling in Western North America. Based on current trends the range is moving North. The researchers did not model Alaska bigfoot habitat however.

Default Survivorman Alaska Strange Encounter

When Survivorman did his Alaska episode out of Seward, he stated he heard something unusual coming from the woods near his shelter. It was enough to "made the hairs on the back of his neck stand up". This is from a guy who's used to the woods, more than most. Anyway, an interesting entry in his blog on Day 5, second paragraph: http://lesstroud.ca/fieldjournal/survivorman-alaska

don't worry son......ur taken care of. you will sleep safe and without worry whether coexistence would occur in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    I don't care who you are...now THAT'S funny!

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    don't worry son......ur taken care of. you will sleep safe and without worry whether coexistence would occur in peace.
    BTW mainer_in_ak, I am a Grandma in her 50s and I don't think I have ever been called a "son" before. :-) LOL

I wonder why they drew in a AK-47 simulation of a rifle instead of an AR-15. Do you think she may have had a closer relationship with those Russians than she had talked about during the campaign?

There are other funny ones too on the Net about Bigfoot and Former Governor Palin. But, don't look if you are her fan. Some of them will embarrass some people. Especially the one,"Bigfoot Daydreaming of Sarah Palin."

To me they all are funny. :-) LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast